Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #1
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
Tapatalk down for Everyone or Just Me?

I mostly read MobileRead while ... um ... mobile and I use Tapatalk to do it. Only the last few days when I've tried, I've been the (un)lucky recipient of the following message:

Is it just me? Is there something going on on the site? I miss my mobile MobileRead.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20130108-234505.png
Views:	850
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	99074  
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
It has been working fine for me.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 01:25 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Fine for me too...
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:19 AM   #4
Rick1971
cool a zombie!
Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Lenovo a2107a-f, Le PanII, Motorola Xoom FE
working fine for me
Rick1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
Thanks everyone for your feedback. Based on it I uninstalled and then reinstalled Tapatalk and it worked! Glad to know it was just me.
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Glad to hear you're back up and running. That happened to me recently and it turned out to be a case of having run out of MB on my pre-paid plan.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #7
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Working fine for me, although after the recent updates to Tapatalk 2 and push notifications added in Tapatalk HD, I'm not being asked what type of notifications I want when I subscribe in Tapatalk 2 and Tapatalk HD tells me the plugin is out of date. I have no idea who to report this to.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Working fine for me, although after the recent updates to Tapatalk 2 and push notifications added in Tapatalk HD, I'm not being asked what type of notifications I want when I subscribe in Tapatalk 2 and Tapatalk HD tells me the plugin is out of date. I have no idea who to report this to.
We have updated the server component of Tapatalk to the latest version.

Note that we've disabled Tapatalk push functionality for the time being due to some severe performance and stability issues caused by the plugin. Notifications should still work via pull though.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #9
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post

Note that we've disabled Tapatalk push functionality for the time being due to some severe performance and stability issues caused by the plugin. Notifications should still work via pull though.
Thanks, hopefully that will fix the notification frequency issue in Tapatalk. Unfortunately Tapatalk HD does not support pull notifications. If I still encounter any issues, I will report them in the Tapatalk Community forums.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #10
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post

Still seeing the same issues. I think it's in the client, but wanted to post just in case. In the past, when I subscribe to a thread using Tapatalk for Android, it gives me the same notification options I get if I do it through the website (Daily, Weekly, None). After some updates to the client, it no longer presents these options and just subscribes the thread using my default notification setting. Sometimes it will start working again, after another update, but it's been broken for several updates (including one this morning). I thought it might be related to the plugin since I also started seeing issues around the same time in Tapatalk HD for Android. The message in Tapatalk HD is that the plugin is out of date or that push notifications are not supported, so it's the latter based on your comments. I'm going to report this over at Tapatalk with the assumption that it's an issue with the client.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #11
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Please keep us updated when you know more. I have some quirks as well.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote