Notices

Old 11-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
aycn602
aycn602 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
Some PDF files not opening on vox

some pdf files that i have do not open and this message comes up

"Error --- the document cannot be opened because it is not a valid PDF file"

did anyone else get the same problem? If so, anyone figure out a way to fix it?

the source of the pdf file is the same as the other ones in a package. The other ones obviously opened without any problems. The ones that aren't opening are definitely PDF files...

the apps I tried:

adobe reader
PDF viewer
perfect viewer
aycn602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Have you tried those PDF's on your desktop to see if they load fine? Are they password protected or DRM'd using ADEPT? Adobe's own reader doesn't do those, for some reason.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
owg
owg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Fire
I tried a .pdf on my Vox. The pdf worked fine on my PC. On the Vox just the cover page showed up and the rest of the pages were pink lines. Go figure?
owg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #4
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Maybe the file was corrupted or damaged during the transfer. You could try deleting the one on the Vox and copying it from your computer again.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote