Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #46
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
I can move the maps to the sd card with the file manager, but the app doesn't recognize them there. I was hoping that apps2sd would move them and maintain the link between app and data.
If the app uses over a gigabyte of map data, and doesn't allow you to set the specific path to that data, then you should complain to the developer (the people who wrote it are morons.)

By way of comparison, I have several hundred megs of EPUB books loaded for my book reader app FBReader, and though FBReader does default the e-book folder to /sdcard/Books you can easily open it's settings and change it to anything you want.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #47
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphin View Post
If the app uses over a gigabyte of map data, and doesn't allow you to set the specific path to that data, then you should complain to the developer (the people who wrote it are morons.)

By way of comparison, I have several hundred megs of EPUB books loaded for my book reader app FBReader, and though FBReader does default the e-book folder to /sdcard/Books you can easily open it's settings and change it to anything you want.
I don't think I'm explaining the issue correctly, and without the device it's hard to describe. The app does let you move the data to the sd card. The problem is the way Vizio partitioned. It uses a virtual sd card, and apps assume that it is a real sd card. I can't blame the app developers for not anticipating this strange structure. Honestly, it is really confusing to even access the real sd card with a file browser. I tried apps2sd, and couldn't even find where the app was moved!

But, I don't want to put a negative spin on things. My dad absolutely loved the gift and has been playing with it non-stop since Christmas. He is a non-techie and thinks it is the best gift he has ever received. My mom just rolls her eyes and can't see the point! For the price it was well worth it, and there isn't too much competition in that range.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2011, 09:34 AM   #48
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
Noah98- I'm glad to hear your father is enjoying his Vizio tablet. I agree it is well worth the price.

For what it's worth, I believe the external SD card shows up as a subdirectory under the internal SD card. I don't have my Vizio handy, but the directory structure is something like mnt/SDcard/external. You should find any app you moved with app2sd there. Again, I don't recall the exact directory names, but it's similar to the directory structure I indicated.

Hope your father gets many years of enjoyment out of his Vizio!

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #49
Drang
Drang began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600; Vizio Via Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
Noah98- I'm glad to hear your father is enjoying his Vizio tablet. I agree it is well worth the price.

For what it's worth, I believe the external SD card shows up as a subdirectory under the internal SD card. I don't have my Vizio handy, but the directory structure is something like mnt/SDcard/external. You should find any app you moved with app2sd there. Again, I don't recall the exact directory names, but it's similar to the directory structure I indicated.

Hope your father gets many years of enjoyment out of his Vizio!

SteveK
Yes, your microSD card will show up as "External" under the SD Card. Weird.

I've been getting nowhere with getting the Sony Reader app to recognize files on the "external" SD card, possibly because I didn't load them there using the reader software itself.

Also, the Vizio tab does have GPS, but since it does not have 3G, you'll have to either plot your route before you leave a wi-fi equipped area, or download an offline navigation app with maps. Some info here: Best GPS Program? - Android Forums
Drang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #50
nickelsink56
nickelsink56 began at the beginning.

Device: Vizio Tablet
Hi, I just purchased the Vizio. I scanned sheet music to my email and I want to save them to a PDF file. Can someone tell me how to do this? Thanks!!
nickelsink56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 12:06 AM   #51
Drang
Drang began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600; Vizio Via Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drang View Post
I've been getting nowhere with getting the Sony Reader app to recognize files on the "external" SD card, possibly because I didn't load them there using the reader software itself.
Still no luck getting Sony Reader or Kindle software to recognize books on the "external" SD card, but Aldiko and Adobe reader apps do.
Drang is offline   Reply With Quote