Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie
Deputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs505
calibre - New York Times - Sony Library Problem

I have recently taken to loading my news feeds downloads into the reader with the Sony Library. I do this because the Library program pre formats the file which conserves battery power and because it permits rapid changing of the font size (no re-formatting is required between font sizes).

That is until this morning. This morning with the Sunday edition of the NYT I can change from small to medium with no problem but I cannot change from medium to large. I get a little triangle error sign with the error message "illegal page number".

I am using calibre 0.4.68
Deputy-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I'm not getting an error message, but it refuses to go from medium to large. It just does nothing. I'm using version .67. I'm not sure if it has been like this all along since I've never used anything but the small font with the NYT. I would actually like the default to be a little smaller than what it currently is. I know in another message that Kovid mentioned a bug in the reader that was impacting some of the news feeds.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #3
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie
Deputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-books

You have to wait a long time for the error message to show up. That being said I have not had the problem with the Monday or Tuesday versions of the NYT. Also I don't think it is a matter of size as I have a couple of feeds that are as large as the Sunday NYT that don't exhibit the problem. Also I am fairly well convinced that the problem is not in the reader but in the formating portion of the Library program.

For my own part I would agree with you about the default font size. But at the moment I am in a nursing home/rehab center and there are several of the residentst with limited eyesight that are positively in love with the larger fonts. My poor reader is getting quite an exercise.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The large font size never worked with the new york times feed. I've passed on a bug report to SONY hopefully they'll do something about it.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:19 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Does the large size not work even if you load the NYT feed via eBook Library?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2008, 10:23 AM   #6
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie

It doesn't for me at least, no matter how I load it.