Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
Bioran23
Bioran23 doesn't litterBioran23 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 (3G+Wifi)
Non-Audible Audiobooks on Kindle's Audible Player

Hey all, is there anyway to listen to non-audible audiobooks through the built-in audible player, instead of the Kindle's MP3 player?
Bioran23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:43 AM   #2
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
If you're referring to the Kindle Mp3 Player as the one that plays in the background, then yes!

Just put the non-audible audiobooks in the audible directory (or the documents directory) and they should show up and play just like a normal audible book.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I thought listening to a non-audible audiobook was some kind of bizzare synesthetic contradition until I realized "non-audible" meant "non-Audible."
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #4
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
while I really like my kindle, I have found that an iPod
is a bit easier to listen to audio and audible books on.

But then again like a Sap I just gave my daughter my iPod
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Y View Post
while I really like my kindle, I have found that an iPod
is a bit easier to listen to audio and audible books on.

But then again like a Sap I just gave my daughter my iPod
Sansa is your friend: Clip+ or Clip Zip
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

I'll probably just use my tablet for now
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Sansa Clip Zip + JVC Marshmallow earbuds = Audiobook Bliss.

I love my Sansa Clip Zip. I use it all the time listening to audiobooks. I just clip the player on my shirt and I'm off to clean the house. I also have a Clip+ but I prefer the Clip Zip. It plays WMA protected audiobooks while a tablet like the Kindle Fire wont. So I can checkout out audiobooks from the library and they don't expire till I've finished them then delete from the player.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Sansa Clip Zip + JVC Marshmallow earbuds = Audiobook Bliss.

I love my Sansa Clip Zip. I use it all the time listening to audiobooks. I just clip the player on my shirt and I'm off to clean the house. I also have a Clip+ but I prefer the Clip Zip. It plays WMA protected audiobooks while a tablet like the Kindle Fire wont. So I can checkout out audiobooks from the library and they don't expire till I've finished them then delete from the player.
That's the beauty of MP3 players like the Sansa Clips; they provide native support for WMA audiobooks, while tablets and smartphones generally don't. Since the vast majority of library audiobooks are in WMA, they clearly have an advantage.

Sansa Clip Zip formats: MP3, WMA, Audible, AAC, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, FM Radio
Old 05-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
That's the beauty of MP3 players like the Sansa Clips; they provide native support for WMA audiobooks, while tablets and smartphones generally don't. Since the vast majority of library audiobooks are in WMA, they clearly have an advantage.

Sansa Clip Zip formats: MP3, WMA, Audible, AAC, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, FM Radio
Yes I was disappointed the fire didn't have this support but I don't think many Android devices do. I think I read the Samsung Galaxy player 5 does but I couldn't find anyone to confirm that. I have my eye on one but that may be a deal breaker for me if it doesn't. I love my Clip Zip I just wish I would quit dropping it! I had to get new earphones for it as the stock ones rubbed my ears raw after 8 hours of listening to an audiobook. JVC marshmallows are so comfy I could sleep with them in.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:48 AM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yes I was disappointed the fire didn't have this support but I don't think many Android devices do. I think I read the Samsung Galaxy player 5 does but I couldn't find anyone to confirm that. I have my eye on one but that may be a deal breaker for me if it doesn't. I love my Clip Zip I just wish I would quit dropping it! I had to get new earphones for it as the stock ones rubbed my ears raw after 8 hours of listening to an audiobook. JVC marshmallows are so comfy I could sleep with them in.
The Galaxy Players support WMA, but I haven't tried it on mine yet.