Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 04-02-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
carolcw
carolcw began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Nook Color trying to type email on aol

Hi just got a nook color
i can get on web to my aol email i can read my email, but when i start to reply or compose a new email i get the keyboard to type email address but i click in the area to compose message the keyboard on the nook color doesn't come up, what am i doing wrong. I tried yahoo and gmail and those are fine.
thank you.
carolcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:26 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Carol and welcome to MobileRead. Don't know the Nook well enough to answer your question and, if you don't get an answer here soon, you might try posting your question in our Nook section.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 04:17 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ….

Someone will pop in an give some guidance ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:38 AM   #4
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I have exactly the same trouble with the online email I use (1and1.com Webmail). It seems to be a problem with the CNook browser and the way it handles some websites.

Some suggest switching the CNook to Mobile mode. You can do this by getting into the Web browser and use the right top menu, pick More, and on the next menu pick Settings. In the next menu change the top entry to be Mobile Mode. This might make the Yahoo email work for you, but it didn't help mine.

From using the Mobile mode, it seems like it is a good idea to have it set anyway. For websites that recognize it, it often gives you a better display on the small screen. For exaample, the Weather.com website notices that you are using a Mobile device and gives you a completely different look.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just want to add that one of the rumored enhancements to the Color Nook coming inApril is an email app. So,with any luck, this problem will be fixed soon.

Funny how I can type this entry on a Color Nook, but the email entry does not work.
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #6
RAH
Guru

Just want to add that one of the rumored enhancements to the Color Nook coming inApril is an email app. So,with any luck, this problem will be fixed soon.

Funny how I can type this entry on a Color Nook, but the email entry does not work.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #7
RAH
Guru

Gee, I'd remove that accidental double post, but I can find no way to DELETE an entry. Anyone know how?
Old 04-04-2011, 06:44 AM   #8
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
Gee, I'd remove that accidental double post, but I can find no way to DELETE an entry. Anyone know how?
Not allowed, just overtype any awkward words. At a pinch a Mod may be kind enough to erase the post for you - just look for someone in green .... (there's a list of Forum Leaders at the foot of the main forum page)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:12 AM   #9
condor
condor began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
If you notice fairly quickly, perhaps you can edit the message to say something like
Double post edited out, sorry.

Last edited by condor; 04-06-2011 at 02:15 AM.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote