Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #16
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Currently the most recommended seem to be BlueFire Reader and Marvin.
Marvin is iPad only for now. Among readers currently available for iPhone, I still actually prefer Stanza despite the bugs.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:59 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I cannot recommend Stanza. It's too buggy and it crashes.

Bluefire is the one currently for the iPhone.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #18
mattcurtis
Book Lover, Dev of Hyphen
mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone (Hyphen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I cannot recommend Stanza. It's too buggy and it crashes.

Bluefire is the one currently for the iPhone.
Stanza is what I'm using currently. It works, but it also...doesn't. There's issues that it's suffering from that weaken it a lot. That said, there alternatives don't cut it for me. They simply don't offer the same level of accessibility to customization and experience that Stanza does.
mattcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #19
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
My favorite right now is overdrive. I prefer it over bluefire because it shows how many pages are left till end of chapter. I've given up on Stanza a long time ago.

By the time Marvin is out on Iphone I'll probably have switched to a Blackberry.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #20
RONE
Enthusiast
RONE began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4S
Stanza is what I use for reading on my iPhone. Yes, some of the settings pages cause the app to crash, but it still gives a nice minimalistic view that I enjoy. My backup would be overdrive, which is what I use for checking digital books out from my local library.

I can hardly wait for Marvin to be updated for iPhone. It's great on the iPad.
RONE is offline   Reply With Quote