Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
baileywick
baileywick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 7
Need AdobeViewer.app

I installed Coolreader last night, and now when I try to open a book in AdobeViewer, I get the message "Cannot start program".

I went into system\bin and there is no AdobeViewer.app. I'm assuming it got erased when I installed Coolreader. I'm using version 15.4 software, and tried to install the hacked version of AdobeViewer for version 15.2. I get the same error message.

Can someone give me a link to any version of AdobeViewer that works with 15.4?

Thanks.
baileywick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileywick View Post
I installed Coolreader last night, and now when I try to open a book in AdobeViewer, I get the message "Cannot start program".

I went into system\bin and there is no AdobeViewer.app. I'm assuming it got erased when I installed Coolreader. I'm using version 15.4 software, and tried to install the hacked version of AdobeViewer for version 15.2. I get the same error message.

Can someone give me a link to any version of AdobeViewer that works with 15.4?

Thanks.
As far as I know, the adobeviewer.app is in a part of the device which we cannot access. I presume you did change/add the extensions.cfg file when you installed coolreader? If so, perhaps there is a typo there somewhere?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
baileywick

I just checked the extensions.cfg file. Everything seems to be okay. Here are the first two lines:

pdf:@PDF_file:1:AdobeViewer.app,pdfviewer.app:ICON _PDF
epub:@EPUB_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app,AdobeViewer.app:ICON_EPUB

I reinstalled the 15.4 firmware, and now fbreader is not working either!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

this seems ok, don't know what to suggest - perhaps worth dropping support a line. Or, try a clean memory (perhaps it is not called this, I don't have a pocketbook with me and it's been a while since I've last played around with settings), though you will lose all your bookmarks and recent reads.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
baileywick

I deleted the AdobeViewer.app I had installed in system/bin. Everything is working fine now!
Advert
Old 02-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #6
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Out of curiosity, your first post mentioned that there was no AdobeViewer.app in system/bin, and then your last post says that you fixed the problem by deleting that file. It's a bit confusing. Did you add it and delete since the first post? If so, was the problem really with your original extensions.cfg file?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
baileywick

I was unaware, until Paola put it in his post, that AdobeViewer from Pocketbook is in an area that I cannot access. Not knowing that, I had found a hacked version of AdobeViewer for firmware version 15.2 and installed it in system/bin, which is where it was supposed to go. Then fbreader stopped working, too. Removing AdobeViewer from system/bin and rebooting fixed all my problems. I can now access CoolReader, AdobeViewer, and fbreader. Thank goodness!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileywick View Post
I can now access CoolReader, AdobeViewer, and fbreader. Thank goodness!
Yeah!