Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #16
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Well, in another 6 months the statement "Android owns 40% of the non-Windows tablet market" may well be true.
We'll have to see how effectively corporate IT can force people to ditch their Android tablets and iPads for ARM-based Win8 ones. I wouldn't be surprised if the FUD kits were already shipping, with new file formats to break sideways compatibility on a global scale and little comic book tracts for harassing the last few holdouts.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #17
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
We'll have to see how effectively corporate IT can force people to ditch their Android tablets and iPads for ARM-based Win8 ones.
Lots of them own iPads now.
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #18
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
The article is not saying Android owns 40% of the market.
No. But that's what your headline says.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:09 AM   #19
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
No. But that's what your headline says.
Yeah my bad, I misread the original article, when I updated my first post to include the article link I realized my error.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:34 AM   #20
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Do you think the popularity of the Google pads are pushed by lower price or the Google inclusion? I don't have any experience or knowledge of anything non-Apple and I don't use any Google services, with the exception of a rare Youtube vid (they do own that, don't they???) so I'm curious what the driving force is.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:07 AM   #21
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Do they take into account those that have more than one Google account on their tablets?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:08 AM   #22
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
Do you think the popularity of the Google pads are pushed by lower price or the Google inclusion? I don't have any experience or knowledge of anything non-Apple and I don't use any Google services, with the exception of a rare Youtube vid (they do own that, don't they???) so I'm curious what the driving force is.
I would say, both.

Some don't feel like spending 600$ on ANY tablet. I'm amongh these peaple, i wouldn't use the tablet enough.
I like android better, main reason is called iTunes. I hate these software thinking they know better than us how to organise our stuff. I stay clear of calibre for the same reasons.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #23
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post

Quote:
cosmetics - beer.
subjective
Nah, I am fairly sure that ( cosmetics minus beer ) equals Coyote Ugly.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #24
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
We have always had cheap tablets and instances of Google support yet they have never made a dent.

What has happed is Google has finally executed a flawless marketing campaign combined with a great product.

Here you have a full fledged tablet with specs better than any tablet on the market for only $199. Not only that it has the latest OS backed by the Google Nexus label which pretty much guarantees future upgrades. For the price it's still the best tablet on the market.

Prior to the launch google changes the name of the market and focuses on content/entertainment (google finally 'gets' the tablet market--their consumption devices)

When their product is launches it has full integration to the Play store. Not only that they launch it on their Google IO and give away all Nexus 7 to the audience(aka reciprocity rule).

Then comes Google's commercials which are spot on and tug at the right human emotions. For the first time my children are asking me for a Nexus tablet, I've never told them what it was Google has finally brought awareness to the average joe.

There was a lot that happed it wasn't just Google or the price.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #25
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Perhaps if there are more Android tablets being sold we will finally get more tablet-optimized apps instead of just resized phone apps.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #26
heySkippy
Groupie
heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm an iPad owner and an Apple fan, and I see this as a very good thing. I don't want tablets to be just an iPad market, keen competition makes everyone better.
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #27
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
We have always had cheap tablets and instances of Google support yet they have never made a dent.

What has happed is Google has finally executed a flawless marketing campaign combined with a great product.

=X=
All of this is important. A lot of people are still asking themselves why they need a tablet, and while: (1) Apple has been pretty good at showing people using the iPad in useful ways; and (2) Amazon has also done a good job of showing people what they could use a tablet for, in a different way; but (3) other Android manufacturers have not been produced a compelling or coherent message. The tablet market is too immature to just present a tablet without more explanation...and as good as the hardware on Asus tablets may be, "Look, here's a tablet. And for $150 you can add a keyboard!" isn't a very compelling narrative to people who don't yet know if they want a tablet.

Also, going for a spot not already occupied by the iPad is a very smart idea.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, ipad