Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #16
Khaldoun92
Khaldoun92 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
.azw4 format

Hey , I have a textbook in the azw4. format so I could try to send you guys that. But what I'm looking for is a way to convert the .azw4 format to something I can open on my iPad. I can't convert using DeDRM or Calibre.... Help !
Khaldoun92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #17
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
See this thread

If your file has DRM, nothing available will touch it. It can only be read on Kindle for PC or Kindle for Mac.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #18
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Non-DRM AZW4 input support has been added to calibre. It's very basic but this will change over time.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #19
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaldoun92 View Post
Hey , I have a textbook in the azw4. format so I could try to send you guys that. But what I'm looking for is a way to convert the .azw4 format to something I can open on my iPad. I can't convert using DeDRM or Calibre.... Help !
If you wander over to Apprentice Alf's blog, I think you'll now find what you're looking for.

Wow — under two weeks from the first report of a new format being available to a stand-alone tool to extract the PDF, initial calibre support and the appearance of DRM removal tools.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:40 AM   #20
kaizoku
kaizoku began at the beginning.

Device: Mac
Arrow

I am really having problem converting sample for this to pdf. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KDOWQK/?tag=calibrebs-20 I am using the sample to convert to pdf and its giving all sort of format errors when opening the converted file.
kaizoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2011, 01:08 PM   #21
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizoku View Post
I am really having problem converting sample for this to pdf. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KDOWQK/?tag=calibrebs-20 I am using the sample to convert to pdf and its giving all sort of format errors when opening the converted file.
MobiUnpack gets the PDF out of the sample file with no problems for me. There's no actual converting needing to be done. Do not try to convert AZW4 to PDF with calibre at the moment. It tries to convert the embedded PDF to XHTML and then back to PDF. Ugh.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:18 PM   #22
kaizoku
kaizoku began at the beginning.

Device: Mac
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
MobiUnpack gets the PDF out of the sample file with no problems for me. There's no actual converting needing to be done. Do not try to convert AZW4 to PDF with calibre at the moment. It tries to convert the embedded PDF to XHTML and then back to PDF. Ugh.
Yeh i used MobiUnpack. Should just add MobiUnpack to Calibre for direct conversion.
kaizoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #23
Anjelous
Anjelous began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I'm having this exact same problem and trying to do the same thing (get an AZW4 readable on my iPad).

I've got mobiunpack 31 (is that the right one to use?) but I don't know what to do with it. I tried following the instructions in this thread: (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=121815)

But I just got DOS error messages saying invalid command lines.
Anjelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #24
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjelous View Post
I'm having this exact same problem and trying to do the same thing (get an AZW4 readable on my iPad).

I've got mobiunpack 31 (is that the right one to use?) but I don't know what to do with it. I tried following the instructions in this thread: (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=121815)

But I just got DOS error messages saying invalid command lines.
The important first step is to install a good version of Python 2.x. The ActiveState Python implementation is the one I'd recommend. It's got all the bits needed for the script, and it comes packaged as an installer, and is free.

Download the right one for your machine from here.

You want Version 2.7.x (NOT 3.x) for Windows x86 (NOT 64-bit)

Install that, and then try, in a command window

python mobiunpack.py

and see what happens.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #25
babycakes12
babycakes12 began at the beginning.

Device: none
does anyone still follow this thread. i am having issues extracting the pdf from an .azw4 ebook. please help!
babycakes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #26
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes12 View Post
does anyone still follow this thread. i am having issues extracting the pdf from an .azw4 ebook. please help!
Once the DRM is taken care of, you just need the KindleUnpack plugin. This will extract the PDF from the .azw4 wrapper.