Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
Rasenganfan2
Rasenganfan2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Unhappy Can you get B&N keyboard back

Is it even possible? I loved the keyboard, but lost it after root. Is there any way?
Rasenganfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
Rayven01
Nevermore
Rayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Nook, Nook Color, Stanza(iphone)
Nook Color Tools has an option to switch keyboards.
Rayven01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
abooch
abooch began at the beginning.

Device: none
Where are these Nook Color Tools?
abooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by abooch View Post
Where are these Nook Color Tools?
In "Extras".
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
Rasenganfan2

I know the keyboards thing, I'm asking if you can get the pre-root keyboard back post-root.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasenganfan2 View Post
I know the keyboards thing, I'm asking if you can get the pre-root keyboard back post-root.
You'll be able to tell if autonooter replaced the stock keyboard. See this post.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=58
Old 02-13-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
emt
Nameless Being

Yes, It's The Old Keyboard

When you use Nook Color Tools to switch keyboards, if you select "Multi-Touch Keyboard" the original BN keyboard comes back (mine is also dated 1 Aug 2008 in system/apps). I nootered with the rooted 1.1 update.

Last edited by emt; 02-13-2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Forgot Something
Old 02-13-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
Rasenganfan2

I have the latinme.APK in system/app. When I tap multi touch keyboard, I get the Droid X keyboard.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #9
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
I have the latinme.APK in system/app. When I tap multi touch keyboard, I get the Droid X keyboard.
Did you use Autonooter or the Rooted 1.1 - I think it makes a difference since Autonooter incorporates the Droid X keyboard in the ROM.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #10
Rasenganfan2

Autonooter on 1.01 , if that helps
Old 02-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #11
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
Autonooter on 1.01 , if that helps
Also, check the file date - I think that the keyboard always has to be named latinme.apk but that does not mean that the files are identical - my latinme.apk is 3,261,628 bytes with a timestamp of 01 Aug 2008 and gives me the original BN keyboard when I select multitouch in Nook Color Tools (and reboot after selection). If you don't have this file then that's why you get the DroidX keyboard
Old 02-13-2011, 08:11 PM   #12
Rasenganfan2

Its not the right file, sadly. Can't someone upload the file somewhere?
Old 02-13-2011, 10:12 PM   #13
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Its not the right file, sadly. Can't someone upload the file somewhere?
Stock keyboard:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5210431/LatinIME.apk
Old 02-14-2011, 12:48 PM   #14
Rasenganfan2

Thank you very much! This is in my top favorite keyboards, alongside Better Keyboard 8 and Thumb Keyboard
Old 02-15-2011, 10:03 PM   #15
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Scion, thanks so much for posting the file.

Rasenganfan, were you able to install it? I out it in my system /apps folder, changed the permissions, and tried to install. It went through the motions, but then gave me the error that the app didn't install.
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
color, dinner, keyboard, nook, stock