Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #16
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
I'm using a 12 pack of AAAs that I picked up for a dollar store light I bought and tossed when the clip disintegrated, so I've still got 3 pr left. I can afford 50 cents a month.

That might also be why they drain faster than you expected. There are 3 LED light bulbs those two AAAs are powering.
it's not the LED's, unless they are very poor quality LED bulbs...it's the cheap batteries. And buying cheap batteries never ends up cheap in the long run because you use more. A set of quality AAA batteries should last for a couple months or more even used on a nightly basis.

Your toy your money your choice...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:36 PM   #17
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
A set of quality AAA batteries should last for a couple months or more even used on a nightly basis.
I was using Duracell regular and Energizer lithium AAA in my m-Edge light, and I got 10 nights of reading. Single bulb, single battery for that light.

I can swap in the Energizers we've still got around and see if I get more time.

I'm not a fan of rechargeables for lights. In the flashlights we've used them in, they just don't have the juice for very long. We happily use them for other devices like remote controls and kid toys.

I love using the excuse that "oops, we need to charge the battery" so I don't have to listen to the same obnoxious voice on kid toys. On the other hand, anytime anything stops working, my 4 year old thinks all we need to do is charge the battery.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:22 PM   #18
some call me tim
Connoisseur
some call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra
FWIW, not all rechargeables are created equal. I had some cheap ones that came with a charger I bought, and they work all right for some uses, but drain pretty quickly. I bought some quality ones not long ago when I saw them on sale, and it's a world of difference (they're not Eneloops, but comparable). I use them in my universal remote, and when I had the cheapies in there, the charge would last a couple weeks or so. With these new ones, the charge lasts for 2 or 3 months.
some call me tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #19
~Kate
Connoisseur
~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Fire HDX 8.9, Nexus 7 2013
Just bought one from Target.

It looked like a good idea but it may not fit all e-readers, especially thicker ones kept in a protective case. This was too small to fit on the top my Kindle2 that I always keep in a polycarbonate case (total depth about 12.7mm). Another consideration for the Kindle2 is that you would have to position it on the far right at the top to avoid the on/off button.

It does just barely fit on my Jetbook lite (about 11mm deep), but I didn't like the lighting - too concentrated at the top and fading towards the bottom.

So far, my Multiflex LED Task Light (Light It!) on sale for $10 at Bed, Bath & Beyond provides better illumination than anything else I have tried, and has a wide enough grip to fit on almost anything.
~Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:10 AM   #20
jeffcobb
Groupie
jeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, CoolER
We use these from REI:
http://www.rei.com/product/793266?pr...:referralID=NA

They are called HeadLights which are light-weight lights you wear on your head. Yes they look strange but we have had other ebook lights and they all would cause a glare on the ebook "page" making reading tough. The angle of the light-source in the HeadLight illuminates it just right for us and allows one sleeping person to not be disturbed by others reading at night.
jeffcobb is offline   Reply With Quote