Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
nbvanyoos
NB VanYoos
nbvanyoos will become famous soon enoughnbvanyoos will become famous soon enoughnbvanyoos will become famous soon enoughnbvanyoos will become famous soon enoughnbvanyoos will become famous soon enoughnbvanyoos will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2
FREE eBook Novella - Dark Dreams (multi-formats)

I have had this short story/novella for some time and offered it on my website in PDF format. I have since republished it in PDF, LIT, PDB, LRF, PRC, and HTML formats. Depending on which device you use, it is between 20-80 pages in length. If you have been to my site for the other freebies, you probably saw this already but maybe didn't download it because it was only PDF. Check it out at http://www.nbvanyoos.com/Downloads.aspx.

eEnjoy!

"Suffering is a Universal condition, but the degree to which we suffer is a choice." --Goctic Credo
nbvanyoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
I'm reading Admiral's Ghost and I love it can't wait for the second ebook. A small donation is on it's way
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
LRF download page returns a 404 error
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Columbus I've tried the link and it's fine.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
LRF download page returns a 404 error

This is returning an error for me, as well, on the LRF download.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Nice i have added it to my reading cue
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:23 PM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
For LRF, I right clicked and selected "save link as" and the save box came up.

Thank you for sharing your work,nbvanyoos.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:11 PM   #8
nbvanyoos
NB VanYoos
nbvanyoos will become famous soon enoughnbvanyoos will become famous soon enoughnbvanyoos will become famous soon enoughnbvanyoos will become famous soon enoughnbvanyoos will become famous soon enoughnbvanyoos will become famous soon enough

Most unusual. It does the same for me but I can use the "save link as" option and it works just fine, as mentioned by others. I tried the link for my other free ebook's LRF button, and it works as you would expect. I'll explore the murky HTML tags and see what is different. I'm using the Google browser, but it errored on IE8 and FireFox, too. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 07-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #9
nbvanyoos
NB VanYoos

All better now Thanks again for the letting me know.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:41 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now working.

I was able to save and download.

Don
Old 07-31-2009, 06:51 AM   #11
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Yup! working fine now.

I am using firefox & tried several times with the same error.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:40 PM   #12
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbvanyoos View Post
I have had this short story/novella for some time and offered it on my website in PDF format. I have since republished it in PDF, LIT, PDB, LRF, PRC, and HTML formats. Depending on which device you use, it is between 20-80 pages in length. If you have been to my site for the other freebies, you probably saw this already but maybe didn't download it because it was only PDF. Check it out at http://www.nbvanyoos.com/Downloads.aspx.

eEnjoy!

"Suffering is a Universal condition, but the degree to which we suffer is a choice." --Goctic Credo
This book looks nice on my jetBook screen in .PRC format. Thanks!
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #13
karenmarchant
karenmarchant began at the beginning.

Device: kindle and itouch
Is the .prc the right format for the Kindle?

Thanks,

Karen
karenmarchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:12 PM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenmarchant View Post
Is the .prc the right format for the Kindle?

Thanks,

Karen
That's the one you want.

Copy to computer. Plug in your kindle, then drag and drop into your Documents folder.

Open bottle of wine, pour into glass and settle back with a beatific smile on your face.

Don

Tags
free e-book, novella, science fiction