Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #1261
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
double post sorry
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:32 AM   #1262
Ignatz Mouse
Zealot
Ignatz Mouse doesn't litterIgnatz Mouse doesn't litterIgnatz Mouse doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch, Galaxy Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
Hi,

I did the same, first put to sleep and then close the cover ..

The cover doesn't have a 'brand' on it, but it has a magnetic closing lid and has a logo that looks like a lasso on the front ..

-Hans
I tried an tried... couldn't reproduce ( except once when I press on the cover : it went back from page 5 to page 3 ! but you'll have to press firmly, it can be dangerous for the screen )

I have firmware 2.0.0 , I don't find it too slow ( but it's my first reader ) : when I first start the reader, it needs 35 seconds to arrive to the screen with book covers.

The main problem with this version is the pdf : I'm unable to read the user's guide of my Mobile Phone ( 194 pages ) : the pages are cut vertically : one half of page 19 and one half of page 20 on the same screen ! and unable to move from page to page.
Ignatz Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #1263
Glasofruix
Enthusiast
Glasofruix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Have you tried the "fit vertically" or "fit horizontally" (represented by pages with arrows under the magnifying glass) zooming options? Usually it fixes weird pdfs for me.
Glasofruix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #1264
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Since only Hans is having this problem and can reproduce it, but Steve and the.Mtn.Man do not experience the problem even though the pages do get turned with case closed and KT on (in Steve's case anyway)... Perhaps it's not the pocket touching the screen or being near the screen, but something to do with the magnets in the magnetic closing lid that Hans has?

Not that I would know how that would work, though. And unless the magnets are in the pocket, I don't really understand why cutting out the pocket would solve the problem...

Just a thought.
Mines got a magnetic closure as well, Skindigital from eBay.

Steve
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #1265
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
Mines got a magnetic closure as well, Skindigital from eBay.

Steve
Ah well, there goes that theory... must be weather-dependent then, or something to do with hardware or firmware differences (see this thread).
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 03:37 AM   #1266
Tygeray
Tygeray began at the beginning.

wish I found this earlier Loaded Firmware - now every time I try to open a book from my library Kt crashes anyone else having this problem?
Tygeray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:14 AM   #1267
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygeray View Post
wish I found this earlier Loaded Firmware - now every time I try to open a book from my library Kt crashes anyone else having this problem?
Hi Tygeray, welcome to the forum.

Could you provide us with some more details to make it easier to try to help?

- Which firmware version do you have? 2.0.0, 2.0.2, 2.1.1... You can find this in settings (either the cogwheel in the top left of the home screen, or the three horizontal lines on the top right of the home screen), and then under "Device information," "Software details."

- What exactly happens when your KT "crashes"?

- Any other details or things that occur before, during, or after the crash.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #1268
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you tried a SIGNOUT from the Settings | Account menu? While YES this will remove the eBooks from your device it will reset the Kobo's internal database.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #1269
roycymru
Connoisseur
roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to drop by and say that all our customers will be benefiting from the work we did on the 2.1+ versions of the Kobo Touch software very soon. It is top-of-mind for me given the positive feedback we have been receiving on it to-date. I definitely do not want to keep it from you any longer than necessary.

As some folks have already mentioned, to be on the safe side, I would not recommend installing the build yourself before receiving it through our upgrade process.

As usual, I can't share exact timeframes for when the software will be available, but please know that it's not far off. Thank you for bearing with us so far, and stay tuned.

Thanks,
Sameer.
"Not far off" on 2nd September. Does this mean we will get it along with the firware release for the Glo etc. on 1st October? It will be very dissapointing if it was any later than this.
roycymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #1270
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by roycymru View Post
"Not far off" on 2nd September. Does this mean we will get it along with the firware release for the Glo etc. on 1st October? It will be very dissapointing if it was any later than this.
Why disappointing?

The Glo will most likely receive 2.1.1, just like the newest Touches are getting... So for the Glo release, it won't matter when the "rest of us" with older Touches get the newest firmware...

(What I think is disappointing is that "not far off" apparently means "about a month or more"... But oh well, I cheated.)
Old 09-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #1271
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Why disappointing?

The Glo will most likely receive 2.1.1, just like the newest Touches are getting... So for the Glo release, it won't matter when the "rest of us" with older Touches get the newest firmware...

(What I think is disappointing is that "not far off" apparently means "about a month or more"... But oh well, I cheated.)
If you look at the videos for the KGlo, you will see that they aren't running the 2.1.1 firmware. You can tell by the difference in the Home screen layout.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #1272
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
If you look at the videos for the KGlo, you will see that they aren't running the 2.1.1 firmware. You can tell by the difference in the Home screen layout.
Ah my mistake. I just meant it'll get the latest available firmware independent of what the older Touches get.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #1273
Ignatz Mouse
Zealot
Ignatz Mouse doesn't litterIgnatz Mouse doesn't litterIgnatz Mouse doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch, Galaxy Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasofruix View Post
Have you tried the "fit vertically" or "fit horizontally" (represented by pages with arrows under the magnifying glass) zooming options? Usually it fixes weird pdfs for me.

Thanks ! it works.... but what a mess !

if I am on page 120, I must :
- touch to go to p. 121 ( cut vertically )
- fit horizontally
- fit vertically
- read page 121
- touch to go to p. 122 ( cut vertically again )
- Fit...
and so on, and so on...

not very fast to read a 194 pages pdf book
Ignatz Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #1274
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatz Mouse View Post
Thanks ! it works.... but what a mess !

if I am on page 120, I must :
- touch to go to p. 121 ( cut vertically )
- fit horizontally
- fit vertically
- read page 121
- touch to go to p. 122 ( cut vertically again )
- Fit...
and so on, and so on...

not very fast to read a 194 pages pdf book
How annoying! Sounds like it might be easier to convert the pdf to an epub...
Old 10-01-2012, 11:01 AM   #1275
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to drop by and say that all our customers will be benefiting from the work we did on the 2.1+ versions of the Kobo Touch software very soon. It is top-of-mind for me given the positive feedback we have been receiving on it to-date. I definitely do not want to keep it from you any longer than necessary.

As some folks have already mentioned, to be on the safe side, I would not recommend installing the build yourself before receiving it through our upgrade process.

As usual, I can't share exact timeframes for when the software will be available, but please know that it's not far off. Thank you for bearing with us so far, and stay tuned.

Thanks,
Sameer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roycymru View Post
Maybe it was to shut us up for a while in case our negative remarks about Kobo affected the sales of their new ereaders ?

...or am I being tooo nasty to a bunch of well meaning guys !

Last edited by mXb; 10-01-2012 at 11:09 AM.
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote