Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #61
tm3
Groupie
tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
I'm really being tortured at the moment.

Over the past week I have received 3 emails telling me that books I had on hold are now available and waiting... I can't even log in to cancel the holds. I know I will just have to keep receiving these emails until the last one expires.
me, too.

they ought to just start charging a fee for non-residents
tm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #62
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
I had the same emails regarding books I have reserved for awhile but sadly had to let them expire.
I may have made up a random number to register with a passport number before but it was very unlikely that someone would have had that passport number.
Faking a NRIC is definitely a no-no for me. I can just imagine a possible security incident if someone with a legitimate NRIC tried to register with the library but it was already in use.
Possibly unlikely scenario but who knows.
I guess I have plenty of ebooks on my reader to keep me occupied for awhile.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #63
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm3 View Post
this is really a shame about the singapore library. there seemed to be very little demand for their books despite the worldwide availability.

does anyone know for sure what the legalities are re the NRIC number? i know that before the new format they asked for a passport number but many folks did not use their real passport number.

i guess even if illegal it is probably unlikely that the singapore FBI is going to travel to des moines or wherever to get an fake NRIC user, but i'm still curious about the exact status of the potential legality.
It's probably slightly more probable that you'd cause problems for the person holding the real NRIC number should they ever want to open a digital library account. Which would be horribly unfair to that Singaporean taxpayer.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:24 AM   #64
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibrated View Post
In any case, it was fun while it lasted. Makes me wish you could just pay an annual fee directly to Overdrive and access their whole bloody catalog.
That's logical, and reeks of common sense. Which means it will never happen.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #65
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
I'm really being tortured at the moment.

Over the past week I have received 3 emails telling me that books I had on hold are now available and waiting... I can't even log in to cancel the holds. I know I will just have to keep receiving these emails until the last one expires.
The worst part is that I lost my wishlist... (and yes, still getting those hold emails). Since I joined Philadelphia's library instead, would have liked to be able to run thru it and see which ones they had, too..
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #66
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
The worst part is that I lost my wishlist... (and yes, still getting those hold emails). Since I joined Philadelphia's library instead, would have liked to be able to run thru it and see which ones they had, too..
I've always been paranoid about something like this happening so I keep the links to books I want to get from the library in a folder in my Chrome browser.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote