Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #16
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
Even if it doesn't look so good on Kindle PW
There are themes under the view menu, one is "simple big" - themes are under kcheckers extensions there somewhere. make changes!

NEW! first post has new version that runs native!

Last edited by brianinmaine; 10-25-2013 at 05:57 AM.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #17
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

heres patch! I'm quite proud of this - rejoice with me!
Attached Files
File Type: txt kcheckers-0.8.1.patch.txt (4.0 KB, 166 views)
Old 05-16-2015, 03:52 AM   #18
zfu
zfu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4, KT2
Hi, Where can I find the whole Qt libraries and header files port for kindles?
I'd like writing some apps for kindle with Qt. I don't like GTK...
zfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:29 AM   #19
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfu View Post
Hi, Where can I find the whole Qt libraries and header files port for kindles?
I'd like writing some apps for kindle with Qt. I don't like GTK...
If I read Brianmaine's post correctly, you want Debian, OldOldStable (squeeze) for softfloat, arm, little endian.

A good starting place:
https://packages.debian.org/search?s...es&keywords=qt

Now that should be a close match to the Kindle Touch library versions, and there is a screenshot of it running on a PW (pw1) in the thread.

If you don't want to support the older touch screen devices, you could perhaps go to a newer distribution (suite=wheezy in above).
You'll need to check the version of the libraries Amazon is shipping with the newer devices.

An example:
https://packages.debian.org/search?s...es&keywords=qt

And of course, a server closer to yourself than packages.debian.org would be a better choice.

Last edited by knc1; 05-16-2015 at 05:31 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #20
zfu

Thanks for you quick response, I'll try that.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:08 PM   #21
brianinmaine
Evangelist

I got everything from wheezy - heres a link to how I do lots of stuff:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=30

wheezy for ARM in a chroot allows you to get anything you want...
by installing the qemu-static package, you can chroot into the foreign system.
then
apt-get build-dep <package>...
apt-src install <package>
make changes, and compile.

PS - what do you intend to write for kindles? I can't wait to see new stuff!

also, on re-reading, I have NO idea what I did... Sorry!

Last edited by brianinmaine; 05-16-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:04 AM   #22
zfu

Smile

Much thanks for you help and for the amazing debian chroot...
now I got 'hello, world' app working on my KT2 with below code..

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
QApplication app(argc, argv);
QPushButton button("Hello, world!");
button.setWindowTitle("L:A_N:application_ID:helloq t_PC:N_O:R");
button.show();
return app.exec();
}

One thing is the app runing default with landscape, how to make it show as portrait..

I want writting something like RSS reader or sync with online daily updating novels..

Old 05-18-2015, 03:10 AM   #23
brianinmaine
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfu View Post
button.setWindowTitle("L:A_N:application_ID:helloq t_PC:N_O:R");
I think it's landscape from the :R at the end of the window title - on here somewhere is a list/explanation of how some of the window title elements work:
they are in colon pairs separated by an underline...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=window+title
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=window+title

I was able to get an rss reader for python working but a full qt app would be great! Good luck!

Last edited by brianinmaine; 05-18-2015 at 03:14 AM.