Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #481
jarhead
Enthusiast
jarhead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi 3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvjohn View Post
Language change isn't possible for me so far, as the drop down window (as shown on your pic' below) is greyed out, so can't be changed.
The email that I have received from the developers states that the language support won't be available earlier than this July.
jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #482
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
The email that I have received from the developers states that the language support won't be available earlier than this July.
then I'll ignore the versions for Touch until they are ready for this.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2012, 03:56 AM   #483
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
Hi,
I have Kindle 4 NT, can I remove the folder contains the tts files from DK_System to save more space?
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:50 AM   #484
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippopelo View Post
Hi,
I have Kindle 4 NT, can I remove the folder contains the tts files from DK_System to save more space?
I think this wouldn't be a problem
Old 05-18-2012, 05:10 AM   #485
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Hi,
Presumably you mean from the res folder within there? If so, that saves only about 10 meg's.

@jarhead, thanks for the info'.

@thomass, DK is still usable as is, as you already have experience with previous versions.

Also, unlike with the original Amazon 5.1 firmware, DK custom screensavers work fine on the Touch
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #486
Basekid
Basekid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Any other places to download the file? I really want to try out Duokan 2012, but it will take me 7 hours to download
Basekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #487
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basekid View Post
Any other places to download the file? I really want to try out Duokan 2012, but it will take me 7 hours to download
try to use DownThemAll extension of the Firefox.

if you like there is a mirror on turbobit:
Old 05-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #488
Basekid
Basekid began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
try to use DownThemAll extension of the Firefox.

if you like there is a mirror on turbobit:
thanks, the plugin helped
Basekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:09 AM   #489
msette
msette began at the beginning.

Hi
since yesterday something into www.duokan.com changed: the usual links to the forum disappeared. From the Google translated page I can't understand if they need some kind of registration.

What's happened?
msette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:04 AM   #490
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Last Duokan 2012 r4.1 from google cache

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&hl=it&ct=clnk

For manual update I have to replace or overwrite DK_system?

Last edited by pippopelo; 05-22-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #491
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
For manual update I have to replace or overwrite DK_system?
if you want to preserve current settings you need to overwrite DK_system
Old 05-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #492
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by msette View Post
Hi
since yesterday something into www.duokan.com changed: the usual links to the forum disappeared. From the Google translated page I can't understand if they need some kind of registration.

What's happened?
it seems that problem is fixed.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #493
pippopelo
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
if you want to preserve current settings you need to overwrite DK_system
Thank's
Old 05-23-2012, 02:13 AM   #494
relaxpor
relaxpor began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Touch
I've added the mirror link for Duokan OS for kindle Touch

http://www.mediafire.com/?ywx9rzj9z2szljd

I would like to contribute to this project. You can give me work any language translation for English / Thai.

Best Regards,
relaxpor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:33 AM   #495
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxpor View Post
I've added the mirror link for Duokan OS for kindle Touch

http://www.mediafire.com/?ywx9rzj9z2szljd

I would like to contribute to this project. You can give me work any language translation for English / Thai.

Best Regards,
first of all, we all are users here. you should contact with this email: kindleuser@duokan.com
secondly there are already a translation file for English, and others. The problem is that the app itself needed to be fixed to support these translations (again) You can find them in \DK_System\xKindle\res\language .

Last edited by thomass; 05-23-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf