Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-22-2009, 12:02 PM   #31
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I began the first book this morning on the way to work.

Lowly scribe, it had better be good, because the only reason you

exist is to entertain me. I stopped trampling natiions long enough

to read your foolish prattling, but do not rile me with boring

inanity. I will stride across the countryside, spreading fear and

destruction in my wake, leaving widows to plead for mercy

and men to die as cowards. I will impale them beneath my

spiky heels of glittery ruin. Entire races of mankind will tremble

before my dainty but mighty onslaught.

Hugs & Kisses,

The Snacker of Nations
I really, really hope (pray might be a better word) that you like it!

If you decide you don't like it, I live in Antarctica. Begin your onslaught there, please.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:17 PM   #32
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
I will impale them beneath my spiky heels of glittery ruin.

Ooooo... me next, me next!

(sorry just was unable to restrain myself.)
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2009, 01:23 PM   #33
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post

Be careful what you wish for.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:37 PM   #34
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Restraints and spiky heels...

and yet another thread moves off in its own wacky direction.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:50 PM   #35
jinlo
aka coco jinlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Sorry to be picky, but I had problems trying to change the metadata of Delver Magic Book 1 with mobi2mobi. If I understand the error message it's still in Palm format rather than in mobipocket format.

Regards, Alex
Alex:

After recreating the error you described, I believe I know what has happened.

The titles of the Delver Magic books are quite long. When I use these long titles to create the MS Reader .lit files and then convert them to .mobi files, mobi2mobi believes the formats are in Palm even though they have indeed been converted to mobi.

When I shorten the title to something like Delver Magic Book I in the .lit file tags and then convert it to the .mobi format, the error goes away.

I have replaced the three Delver Magic mobi files on my site with three updated files that utilize the shorter title. When I used mobi2mobi on these files, I did not get the error.

If you want, you can go to my site http://www.sitelane.com and follow the links to the 3 Delver Magic books and download the new files.

Thank you for letting me know about this.

Jeff Inlo
Advert
Old 05-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #36
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Quote:
Be careful what you wish for.
My nation is all a-tremble your royal Snackerness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
Restraints and spiky heels...

and yet another thread moves off in its own wacky direction.
Sorry, Jinlo, I actually have gotten your books and look forward to reading same. But... "dainty but mighty onslaught." what's a poor reader to do?
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #37
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Book I was a booger trying to get past the cover and titles, 30 secs per page turn, but once I got to the actual text, it works just fine. I'm looking forward to finding out ...
Spoiler:
... what comes out of the earthquake!

We are going camping this weekend, even though I think it is supposed to rain nonstop all the way through. I have your books loaded up and ready to take with me. Tim will just have to leave me alone in the nice dry RV, because I'm not going outdoors where it is soggy.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:14 PM   #38
jinlo
aka coco jinlo

Quote:
My nation is all a-tremble your royal Snackerness.

Sorry, Jinlo, I actually have gotten your books and look forward to reading same. But... "dainty but mighty onslaught." what's a poor reader to do?
Yes, I must admit, "dainty but mighty" will win out every time.

Quote:
We are going camping this weekend, even though I think it is supposed to rain nonstop all the way through. I have your books loaded up and ready to take with me. Tim will just have to leave me alone in the nice dry RV, because I'm not going outdoors where it is soggy.
Camping in the rain is very much like sleeping on a bed of nails, it can be done but it's not something I would volunteer for. Try to have fun anyway.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:43 PM   #39
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Jinlo - I just wanted to say thanks!

Based solely on the description your books appeal to me, so I've downloaded the books and they're on my TBR list. (Of course, there's no guarantee I'll get to it any time soon... the onslaught of books after getting a Kindle is just ridiculous!)
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #40
jinlo
aka coco jinlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
Jinlo - I just wanted to say thanks!

Based solely on the description your books appeal to me, so I've downloaded the books and they're on my TBR list. (Of course, there's no guarantee I'll get to it any time soon... the onslaught of books after getting a Kindle is just ridiculous!)
Let me in turn thank you, and all of those that have taken the time to review my site and download my books.

I completely understand about those "To Be Read" lists. They grow like weeds in a vegetable garden along the Amazon Rain Forest. We vow to keep them under control and then another free download offer comes along, and then we find a blog that lists four more, and then we see a directory that lists sites that have them by the bushel, and then...

Well, it just gets overwhelming, let's leave it at that.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:07 PM   #41
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I completely understand about those "To Be Read" lists. They grow like weeds in a vegetable garden along the Amazon Rain Forest. We vow to keep them under control and then another free download offer comes along, and then we find a blog that lists four more, and then we see a directory that lists sites that have them by the bushel, and then...
Although, the fact that you made me laugh consistently while reading through this thread means you just got bumped up the TBR list
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:48 PM   #42
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
As for why I made the mobi files when I already had the prc files, I made the prc files first. Then I found Calibre and saw that I could also make mobi files. I didn't know if there was a difference or if people had a preference, so I made both. I thought it would be best to offer as many options as possible.

Thanks again. Hopefully, I will figure this out.

Jeff Inlo
Thanks, Jeff. I'm glad you found my response useful.

As for the prc to epub to mobi routine, could I suggest that you may be trying too hard? I myself really don't care whether an ebook is prc or mobi; I know my ebook readers can read both of them. Could I suggest that you put the question to the mobi section? I'd be surprised if anyone else cares either.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #43
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Alex:

I have replaced the three Delver Magic mobi files on my site with three updated files that utilize the shorter title. When I used mobi2mobi on these files, I did not get the error.

If you want, you can go to my site http://www.sitelane.com and follow the links to the 3 Delver Magic books and download the new files.

Thank you for letting me know about this.

Jeff Inlo
Thanks, Jeff. I've just downloaded the prc versions, and looked at them with the desktop Mobipocket Reader.

I'm going to be picky again and use mobi2mobi to change the metadata so that it shows book title, author, and subject. For mobipocket ebooks the title in the metadata can be quite different from the file name. I quite often rename the file names like you have done so that the books show on my Cybook in order by file name (first to last in a series) rather than by title.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:44 AM   #44
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Thanks for offering the work, Jeff, and in the same kind of spirit I made a cover (going to do covers for all the books for my own library). Hope you don't mind too much

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:04 AM   #45
jinlo
aka coco jinlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Thanks for offering the work, Jeff, and in the same kind of spirit I made a cover (going to do covers for all the books for my own library). Hope you don't mind too much
[/CENTER]
Thank you Moejoe, that cover is far better than any I have been able to create to date.

Do I have your permission to use it on my web site?

Jeff Inlo