Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #136
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
You can certainly logout from one account and login with another one on the iOS and Android apps.

However there is a fairly lengthy 'sync' required each time you do that (I probably have several thousand songs in my library, between purchased and Prime content that I've added). And you would be blowing away any content you had downloaded for offline listening. So it would not work very well.

Pandora has nothing like that amount of data to sync, typically only a few dozen 'channels', so that scenario is workable.

Really, mobile devices are 'personal' and not designed to be shared (with the possible exception of Windows tablets).
I'm not thinking of mobile devices; I'm thinking of apps that we use on our TV or with our Roku box (on TVs without built-in apps). It would be all streaming; no need to store anything offline. I realize Amazon isn't there yet, but Pandora is, and our theater sound system works well for listening to music. At the moment, I use the web browser on the TV and I listen to my library using Google Play.

(I could look into other ways to hook my phone up directly to the speakers, but it's nice to not tie up my phone that way if I don't need to.)

Pandora sent me an email that their rates are going up to match Slacker, and I cancelled Slacker after a few months (I tried it a couple of years ago when I cancelled satellite radio) because it didn't give me any *more* than Pandora but cost more money. I don't know yet how I feel about their price increase; for now I signed up for Amazon Prime and I'm going to let my Pandora subscription lapse and see if I miss it.

Since signing up, I've added a dozen songs to the kids's playlist on my phone and I've seen several more that I want to add. (I want to try them out with the kids first and see if they like them.)

I use iTunes and Google Play for my own library, but am going to look at whether Amazon can import my iTunes library (the way that Google does) and then I'll start going through their library for myself. I like their playlists, and especially like that it can be mixed into my own music; I have to get my own music into my Amazon cloud so that I can stream everything from the cloud rather than storing it on my phone.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:19 PM   #137
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Several hundred thousand songs and hundreds of playlists added:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....274&highlight=

Quote:
Amazon today announced it has added hundreds of thousands of songs and hundreds of new, expert-programmed Prime Playlists to the Prime Music catalog. The newly-added selection includes songs from artists new to the Prime Music catalog, as well as additional tracks from artists already in the Prime Music catalog, such as David Guetta, Al Green, Miles Davis, Kendrick Lamar, Linkin Park, Shakira, Deadmau5, Ella Fitzgerald, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, Neil Young, DJ Snake & Lil Jon, Young the Giant, A$AP Rocky, Elvis, Oasis, Kacey Musgraves, Ray Charles, Panic! at the Disco, Wyclef Jean, Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, Skrillex, John Coltrane and many more.

Prime members can also enjoy hundreds of new Prime Playlists, such as “Upbeat Indie Vibes,” “Electronic Beats for Work,” “Rainy Day Jazz,” “Jack White and More,” “Bass Drops and Fist-Pumps,” and “Justin Timberlake’s Top Songs.”
Extensive list of playlists festured at the source.

Last edited by fjtorres; 07-23-2014 at 12:23 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #138
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Still waiting for Roku access.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:33 PM   #139
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Still waiting for sideways use.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:24 PM   #140
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Okay, I can play that game:

Still waiting for XBOX access.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #141
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I'd be satisfied if there was a good way to set up playlists; I downloaded the computer app specifically to manage my cloud playlists and it's terrible.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:25 AM   #142
Sregener
Addict
Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
While I wish Prime Music had a larger catalog, I have found the existing catalog (and the nice integration with my Ford's SYNC system) to be more than enough to ditch Google Music.

So now I'm getting the functional equivalents of Netflix, Google Music AND 2-day free shipping for less than the cost of Netflix or Google Music alone. Plus a free Kindle book a month through Prime Lending Library. What a deal!
Sregener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:23 AM   #143
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sregener View Post
Plus a free Kindle book a month through Prime Lending Library. What a deal!
I wish they'd give you a choice between a free book or a free banana
Old 07-27-2014, 06:49 PM   #144
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

My biggest complaint about these "curated" playlists is the use of re-recorded songs, instead of the originals. If they can't get the rights to the original hits, then don't bother. While listening to a new playlist, I frequently find myself deleting a bunch of re-recorded songs.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:02 AM   #145
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
They've added new stuff to Prime Music today.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:26 AM   #146
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I finally selected 2 songs which appeared as free Prime offerings. However, I noticed I could not download them to my Amazon Music PC App. I was able to download them to my Kindle Fire HDX 7 and Amazon Music App on my Samsung Galaxy s5 phone.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:20 AM   #147
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I finally selected 2 songs which appeared as free Prime offerings. However, I noticed I could not download them to my Amazon Music PC App. I was able to download them to my Kindle Fire HDX 7 and Amazon Music App on my Samsung Galaxy s5 phone.
Prime Music can only be downloaded to mobile devices; no computers.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:20 PM   #148
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I like the idea of it and I found some great music on prime, but I have to listen to music through my stereo speakers hooked up to my receiver/TV etc. So I have to wait for the Roku app.

I can't listen to music on ear phones and the only other option is some tinny speaker I sometimes use for audio books. Also not useful for me to listen to music too.

I just keep adding stuff to the cloud in anticipation of the Roku app. Otherwise I am out of luck.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:47 PM   #149
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
I have a pair of these http://www.polkaudio.com/products/tl3 plugged into a Cambridge Sound Works sub/amp which is plugged into my pc. Sounds great!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:35 PM   #150
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
I have a pair of these http://www.polkaudio.com/products/tl3 plugged into a Cambridge Sound Works sub/amp which is plugged into my pc. Sounds great!
For my PC, I use a pair of desktop AC-powered speakers that I've had for years. Great sound for me.