Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #31
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
ah, what I refered to as 'jump function' is searching for a word of the sentence which explains the meaning of the original word that you searched for. On the dictionary screen, by choosing it, a new window pops up. It works now sometimes but now properly yet.
Practically, please try dragging any word in the window where the meaning of the word which you typed is shown. Then you would be able to see it.
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:05 PM   #32
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
Please get a new build, now DR1000 friendly. See the top message.
DR1000 users now have their own binary. Not beautiful but working.

Last edited by dima_tr; 07-20-2010 at 08:23 PM.
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #33
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

@Mackx and others: I know how to send startup signal to ipc. A new tab appears, that's fine. BUT, when I go back to the main file browser and try to start the app once again I get a complain "app is running, please close it first and then start again", smth like this. When I have no registration to ipc then "Back to SD card, launch app" works fine, the system just gives me the current running app instance. The question is how to create a unified DR800/DR1000 binary, so it does registering with ipc and it is possible to launch it again from file browser?
Old 07-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #34
bokjeid
Addict

When I translate individual words of sentences on the stardict dictionary by lining the individual words with a stylus, a small window pops up additionally as you know. But this fuction does not work well now..T_T Not only for me? Please help!
Old 07-21-2010, 02:15 AM   #35
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by dima_tr View Post
@Mackx and others: I know how to send startup signal to ipc. A new tab appears, that's fine. BUT, when I go back to the main file browser and try to start the app once again I get a complain "app is running, please close it first and then start again", smth like this. When I have no registration to ipc then "Back to SD card, launch app" works fine, the system just gives me the current running app instance. The question is how to create a unified DR800/DR1000 binary, so it does registering with ipc and it is possible to launch it again from file browser?
Hi dima_tr,

I have seen the problem with other programs, but did not look into it. I guess that the on_file_open (see helloworld/ipc.c) is called (again?) when you have called startup_completed with is_multidoc to TRUE. Looking at the comment in the file, returning the xid of the existing window indicates to sysd, that it should not create an extra tab, but show the existing one. I have not played with these function yet.
When you start experimenting, please keep us informed of the results, they should be interesting to more people.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 04:12 AM   #36
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer
Gertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litter

Device: Irex DR800S, DR1000S, iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I have seen the problem with other programs, but did not look into it. I guess that the on_file_open (see helloworld/ipc.c) is called (again?) when you have called startup_completed with is_multidoc to TRUE.
Thats right. When you set multidoc to TRUE, sysd expects that the application will handle openFile and closeFile IPC calls. I havent tried the StartDict port yet, but I presume it is a single window, single instance application, so multidoc should be set to FALSE.
Gertjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:26 AM   #37
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
Thumbs up

Quote:
Please get a new build, now DR1000 friendly. See the top message.
DR1000 users now have their own binary. Not beautiful but working.
Done. Works great! A big THANK YOU !!!
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:25 AM   #38
dima_tr
Groupie

Gertjan made my day, thank you!

There's a new build, now unified for DR800 and DR1000. Small improvements, see the Changes for details. I've uploaded sources, so anyone interested can compile/read the changes.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:56 AM   #39
bokjeid
Addict

a bug(?) report:
Thanks for your update.
BTW, on the explanation window where the meaning of a word is shown, if you underscore some word with your stylus, a new small window which explains the underscored word appears, doesn't it?
At this time, I can't control the scroll of the new window and the new window sometimes doesn't appear. Is there nobody who use this function?
Please check this problem and fix it~~^^;;
Old 07-21-2010, 10:08 AM   #40
dima_tr
Groupie

well, I've been trying this on virtual machine, always works ok. You have to *carefully* approach the popup from the right and click on the popup's right border to get the scroll visible. This evening I'll check the behavior on my DR800.

Another thing that bothers me: when you move stylus close enough but still do not touch the screen a popup window moves with the stylus .. Looks like popup is grabbed by a cursor = you click and drag the popup window while holding the mouse button pressed.

Popup may disappear as long as it "sees" you move your mouse = you are done with translation. So after underlying you have to be careful with having your stylus close enough to the screen ..

I'll check what is possible to do on the "stabilization" of popup.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #41
dima_tr
Groupie

Another build (are you tired of me? ): now you have 2 seconds (previously 0.3 seconds) to do selection, either by double click or by underlying a word. Some other small things to stabilize popup. Please comment whether I should speed up the popup appearance.

What I like now is that in the main StarDict window you can select a word in the description -> a popup appears. You select another word - popup change its position and text. BUT there's no full screen refresh, only local ones! Surely the battery feels better

Almost the same thing is when you run FBReader + StarDict. Previously on every select in FBReader I've got 1-2 full screen refreshes, now - 1 refresh on 3-4 selects!

Please post your impressions.

BTW, should I kill v1 and v2.1 binaries or let them be for some time?

Last edited by dima_tr; 07-21-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:32 PM   #42
bokjeid
Addict

Thanks very much for your new update.
The popup window became stabler a little as mentioned but it's somewhat unstable yet.. How about it in other people's case?
Old 07-23-2010, 01:50 AM   #43
al1972
Enthusiast
al1972 began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG, IPad
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokjeid View Post
The popup window became stabler a little as mentioned but it's somewhat unstable yet.. How about it in other people's case?
Same here, but obviously it works much-much better and faster. Thank you!
al1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:54 AM   #44
al1972
Enthusiast
al1972 began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG, IPad
Quote:
Another build (are you tired of me? )
Not at all! Your releases make my day all the time. Are you tired of my Thanks?
al1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:46 AM   #45
dontyz
dontyz began at the beginning.

Device: irex DR800S
Quote:
Originally Posted by al1972 View Post
Same here, but obviously it works much-much better and faster. Thank you!
i found out that the popup window will be stablized if you put your stylus far away from your screen after the double click
dontyz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stardict