Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-30-2008, 10:01 AM   #16
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
yeah nfs and sqlite dont go well together. You can change the location calibre looks for the database file by editing calibre2.ini
Quote:
Couldn't resolve property: linearGradient5167
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/calibre", line 8, in <module>
load_entry_point('calibre==0.4.83', 'gui_scripts', 'calibre')()
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 1346, in main
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 72, in __init__
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 1254, in read_settings
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/posixpath.py", line 119, in dirname
return split(p)[0]
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/posixpath.py", line 77, in split
i = p.rfind('/') + 1
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rfind'
That doesn't work for me. If I hand edit the ini I get the message above. If I locate library1.db anywhere outside the root of my home directory I get other artifacts:

Snapshot1.png: library1.db is located in /home/jeff/Documents - the various db fields are misaligned. Resizing calibre does not affect this.

Snapshot2.png: library1.db lives in the root of my home directory, and all is well. Note that library1.db can be a symlink to another location and all is still well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot1.png
Views:	329
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	15804   Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot2.png
Views:	342
Size:	323.4 KB
ID:	15805  
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:33 AM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not sure what's what's wrong with snaphot1.png apart from the columns needing to be resized. Instead of habd editing the config file, use the config dialog to change the location of library1.db.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert