Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-26-2014, 08:31 AM   #16
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeyun View Post
Granted, the cost of doing this exceeds the value of an older Ereader, but a bibliomaniac's madness knows no reason. Let me know your thoughts. Post your own pictures if you like.
I resonate with you.

Skins are so not cost effective. But I have bought more than a few in my time!

That one would not make me a happy reader. I usually get black, or a black with a slight pattern. In matte. I even have a matte black skin around my Nexus 7 tablet screen, to cut the glare. I've put matte black around my Kobo Aura and my black Kobo Glo, as well. I should get a matte white for my white Kobos. But I don't even know if they make that.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:35 AM   #17
Jaeyun
Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I resonate with you.

Skins are so not cost effective. But I have bought more than a few in my time!

That one would not make me a happy reader. I usually get black, or a black with a slight pattern. In matte. I even have a matte black skin around my Nexus 7 tablet screen, to cut the glare. I've put matte black around my Kobo Aura and my black Kobo Glo, as well. I should get a matte white for my white Kobos. But I don't even know if they make that.
If you do a custom skin with Decal Girl, or Geleskin you probably could get a white matte. Just upload a picture with a lot of white in it. Maybe that'll work.
Jaeyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:42 AM   #18
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
I think it is absolutely beautiful!! I'd just want to touch it, I bet the leather feels great in your hand. Shoot, forget old book smell, I love the smell of leather!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:52 AM   #19
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
If you do a custom skin with Decal Girl, or Geleskin you probably could get a white matte. Just upload a picture with a lot of white in it. Maybe that'll work.
Oh....DecalGirl does have black and white for the Glo and the Mini. Cool. I may have to order those. I have a home made one on my black Glo but it's not straight.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:34 AM   #20
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Combining two covers, and buying skins from Decal Girl it gives me the bookish feel I'm looking for.
Just goes to show how different tastes can be! To me your case looks lovely on the outside (but somewhat distracting inside!), but I'd hate to hold my ereader in something so big and bookish. Part of the joy of an ereader for me is how it is so light and slim to hold in my hands. I have a case I'll put it in when I'm carrying it out and about, but the rest of the time, a simple, understated skin for me!

I sometimes find the colour in the bottom corner a little distracting, and also have a Marware Sport Grip case that I then cover up the lovely DecalGirl skin with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PW_front.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	132952   Click image for larger version

Name:	PW_back.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	132953  

Last edited by soulfuldog; 12-26-2014 at 09:37 AM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:36 AM   #21
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thanks. I was surprised to find just how many real products there are . It seems to be quite a popular "smell" to want to have!
It's not unlike glue sniffing. Dead tree pulp decomposition produces organic volatiles like ketones, aldehydes, etc
So there is a mild psychoactive effect.

http://www.thechemicalblog.co.uk/the-smell-of-books/

Last edited by fjtorres; 12-28-2014 at 11:55 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 06:01 PM   #22
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
This is a great idea! Maybe I can salvage the lovely Kate Spade cover I bought for my NookColor and adapt it for my iPad Mini.

Quote:
I bought a package of small velcro patches from Walmart in the fabric section. It cost me perhaps three dollars. But I didn't use glue. The adhesive on the velcro was strong enough to hold the sony book cover onto the leather book cover. But you could apply glue to the velcro to add extra stickiness to the adhesive. Do that only if you don't to remove the velcro from the sony cover to move the reader to a new cover should the leather one fail in any way.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:12 PM   #23
Jaeyun
Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaeyun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfuldog View Post
Just goes to show how different tastes can be! To me your case looks lovely on the outside (but somewhat distracting inside!), but I'd hate to hold my ereader in something so big and bookish. Part of the joy of an ereader for me is how it is so light and slim to hold in my hands. I have a case I'll put it in when I'm carrying it out and about, but the rest of the time, a simple, understated skin for me!

I sometimes find the colour in the bottom corner a little distracting, and also have a Marware Sport Grip case that I then cover up the lovely DecalGirl skin with.
I like the skin you chose. It may be understated, but there's enough color to say, "Look at me!" Once upon a time, back when books were just books, there was a group of readers who judged books based solely on their covers. Any book featuring art by Michael Whelen had to be good, right? I think I'm still prone to such judgements, and want my reader to not to merely say, "Look at me!" I want it to scream in capitol letters. "LOOK AT ME!!!!"
Old 12-26-2014, 09:15 PM   #24
Jaeyun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
This is a great idea! Maybe I can salvage the lovely Kate Spade cover I bought for my NookColor and adapt it for my iPad Mini.
If you do please post the picture. It'll be awesome!
Old 12-27-2014, 02:37 AM   #25
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
So, where did you get that leather case? It's really cool.

Oh, and here you go

In my childhood I lived about 50 miles from a paper mill. When the winds were right, you'd have sworn we lived 50 feet away. New book smell has no appeal for me.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 01:18 PM   #26
rollei
Addict
rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Would stick to plain cover.
rollei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:38 PM   #27
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I remember there being a link here at MR that led to a site where you could get leather covers for ereaders. I can't recall the name of the site though.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:55 PM   #28
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I remember there being a link here at MR that led to a site where you could get leather covers for ereaders. I can't recall the name of the site though.
Were you perhaps thinking of Oberon Designs?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:13 PM   #29
Jaeyun

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Oberon's got some amazing covers. You just gots to be prepared to spend an Ereader priced chunk of money to get one, though.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:37 AM   #30
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Yep. They are expensive, but at the same time they are beautiful pieces of work as well.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote