Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-20-2009, 03:51 AM   #1
paulgodard
paulgodard began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Help please! on image control

Hi
I have created my first epub ebook and I have asked for help to test the file on different devices... but honestly I am disappointed!
I am very new to all this, so my knowledge is limited, and moreover I only have an iPhone/Stanza to test.
I want to be sure that what I have done works fine on other devices after conversion.
The only issue I still have is the control over the size of several images displayed as thumbs on the same line (the link above shows what it should be, but it is not on Stanza), as well as a 2-level content (TOC is too long). Inline images seem now to work fine.
Please help me to test this ebook before releasing it.
Paul
paulgodard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:46 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hi, Paul. I have checked out the website and viewed the download. Have you considered downloading the Sony Reader Library? It usually gives a pretty good idea of what it will look like on the Reader.

I don't have any experience with formatting and hope that someone with more experience will jump in soon. Due to the holidays, a lot of members are busy elsewhere or have less time on MR.

On the Reader Library:
The Sony is Black and White so you lose the effect of the original photos on your site.

Page one of Reader photo doesn't fill page.
Page two of Reader (which is still page one in ePub numbering) only has the logo, Kids of Nature and the rest of the page is blank.

Page three of Reader (page two of ePub)
Page four of Reader (still page two of ePub) just the logo again as above.

I am sure you have considered the completed file size and if the various readers could handle the image heavy book. Also, having so much blank space and having to page turn often was not a great experience for me.

Have you looked into the Sigil forum on MR? At least two of our members have created beautiful epubs with illustrations. pdurrant created an amazing ePub children's book, Desbarollda, The Waltzing Mouse. I thought it was beautiful, but I think he felt his original ePub was better.

Also, MR member Zelda_pinwheel made an illustrated ePub, Jerome, Jerome K.: Three Men in a Boat. You may want to check out how the illustrations look in those books.

Is this to be a book for children to use on eReaders?

Good Luck with your project.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Download and install Adobe Digital Reader from Adobe. It is free. Stanza is not a good program to test how epub eBooks will look. There are a number of issues with Stanza that prevent it from being good for using to test ePub.

ADE is available for OS X and Windows.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:10 AM   #4
paulgodard

Thank you for the comments.
I have ADE on my Mac and the ebook looks great on it, as well as on txtr reader on my iPhone. I am now downloading the sony reader.
I changed the css for the size of the big images. It should now works fine.
I will soon look at the samples of ebook with photos, and fine-tune my code where necessary.
Regarding the blank space, it is because of the many emails that all start at a new page. Do you think it is better to remove the page break and add a nice separation instead?
The total file size is 9 MB. Is that too much?
As this is more a children book to view on a computer, I will also make the PDF of the real book available as another ebook format. I am looking into that now.
Paul
Old 12-24-2009, 04:38 AM   #5
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
File size really depends on how many images are in the book. For something like a children's book with lots of images, larger sizes make sense, especially if you leave the images large from a scan. Even my resampled comics take over 30MB each for about 140 pages of images, and those are shrunk down for the specific device. My scans of the Myst trilogy hit 3.5MB due to the images. They just look too good on the 505 to resample them or mess with them.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 06:03 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgodard View Post
Please help me to test this ebook before releasing it.
Paul
Note that id attributes should not start with a number. You also shouldn't have duplicate ids. And you have a name attribute in several places where you shouldn't.

(All picked up with epubcheck)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:39 AM   #7
paulgodard

Thank you for that... I have downloaded your epubcheck applescript and it works fine, except when there is no error (because the 'bother' button does not display and so there is no way to quite the script except via forcequit).
I have now replaced all the id starting with a number by adding a letter. The window in the AS is now a long strip from top to bottom of my screen 1200px (even goes beyond bottom) and the field is empty and without the 'bother' button.
BTW, may-be you can help. When I run the bash file to zip the epub via php, the epub file as the _www ownership on my Mac with ro access for admin & everyone. This file can not be read by any epub reader. However, if I execute the same bash file from Terminal, then the ownership is on my name and epub readers can read the file. Any idea how I can force php to change the ownership of the epub file to my name? I tried to add chown -R :myname file.epub but this does not work.
Paul
Old 12-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know why the applescript dialog is coming out so large. Perhaps the script is outputting blank lines for some reason. weird. If you post the latest ePub I'll give it a go here. As for quitting it - try hitting return - there should still be a default button, even if off-screen.

I recommend my Applescript for zipping up an ePub.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55681

Quote:
it works fine, except when there is no error (because the 'bother' button does not display and so there is no way to quite the script except via forcequit).

Any idea how I can force php to change the ownership of the epub file to my name?
Old 12-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #9
paulgodard

Hi pdurrant
I have alredy uploded the latest epub file. The return doews not work here. Thank you for your help!
I am already using some kind of a script to zip... but with some issues. My objective is to control everything from the website (php).
BTW, it is Xmas eve tonight... happy Xmas to you!
Paul
Old 12-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

OK, I've downloaded from your web site again. It's incorrectly zipped - the book contents (especially mimetype) and nested in a couple of folders instead of being at the root level.

Re-zipping correctly, lots of errors show up in content.opf - ids mustn't have spaces, and they must all be unique.

In the toc.ncx the play order sequence has gaps (it must be sequential).

There are also still some name and id problems in the html.

In case you can't see them in epubcheck, I've added the error messages below.

Now, it has been argued by some that epubcheck only checks whether and epub can pass epubcheck, and this is true - passing epubcheck doesn't mean your epub is perfect. It ssays nothing about the content, only that the syntax is (probably) good. But IMO, it's an essential start to pass epubcheck.

Quote:
Hi pdurrant
I have alredy uploded the latest epub file. The return doews not work here. Thank you for your help!
I am already using some kind of a script to zip... but with some issues. My objective is to control everything from the website (php).
BTW, it is Xmas eve tonight... happy Xmas to you!
Paul
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(54): bad value for attribute "id"
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(55): bad value for attribute "id"
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(62): assertion failed: The "id" attribute does not have a unique value!
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(63): assertion failed: The "id" attribute does not have a unique value!
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(99): assertion failed: The "id" attribute does not have a unique value!
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(63): duplicate resource: OEBPS/images/Logo_KON.gif
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(99): duplicate resource: OEBPS/images/Logo_KON.gif
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/toc.ncx(53): assertion failed: playOrder sequence has gaps
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X10000000_cover.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X10000000_cover.xhtml: duplicate id: X10000000_cover
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X10001000_title-page.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X10001000_title-page.xhtml: duplicate id: X10001000_title-page
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X10002000_toc.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X10002000_toc.xhtml: duplicate id: X10002000_toc
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X30001010_infoebook.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X30001010_infoebook.xhtml: duplicate id: X30001010_infoebook
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X40001010_text.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X40001010_text.xhtml: duplicate id: X40001010_text
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X50010000_chapter1.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X50010000_chapter1.xhtml: duplicate id: X50010000_chapter1
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X50010001_email1Enya.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X50010001_email1Enya.xhtml: duplicate id: X50010001_email1Enya
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X50010002_email2penpal.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X50010002_email2penpal.xhtml: duplicate id: X50010002_email2penpal
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X50010003_email3Enya.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X50010003_email3Enya.xhtml: duplicate id: X50010003_email3Enya
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X50010004_email4Enya.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X50010004_email4Enya.xhtml: duplicate id: X50010004_email4Enya
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X50010005_email5Enya.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X50010005_email5Enya.xhtml: duplicate id: X50010005_email5Enya
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X50010006_email6Enya.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X50010006_email6Enya.xhtml: duplicate id: X50010006_email6Enya
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X50010007_email7Enya.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X50010007_email7Enya.xhtml: duplicate id: X50010007_email7Enya
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X50010008_email8Enya.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X50010008_email8Enya.xhtml: duplicate id: X50010008_email8Enya
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X50010009_email9Enya.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X50010009_email9Enya.xhtml: duplicate id: X50010009_email9Enya
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X50010010_email10Enya.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X50010010_email10Enya.xhtml: duplicate id: X50010010_email10Enya
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X50010011_email11James.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X50010011_email11James.xhtml: duplicate id: X50010011_email11James
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X50010012_email12James.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X50010012_email12James.xhtml: duplicate id: X50010012_email12James
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X70000010_bookbook.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X70000010_bookbook.xhtml: duplicate id: X70000010_bookbook
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X70000020_bookstory.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X70000020_bookstory.xhtml: duplicate id: X70000020_bookstory
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X70000030_authorwriter.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X70000030_authorwriter.xhtml: duplicate id: X70000030_authorwriter
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X70000040_authorphotographer.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X70000040_authorphotographer.xhtml: duplicate id: X70000040_authorphotographer
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X80000050_infocredit.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X80000050_infocredit.xhtml: duplicate id: X80000050_infocredit
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X80000060_infocopyright.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X80000060_infocopyright.xhtml: duplicate id: X80000060_infocopyright
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub/OEBPS/text/X80000070_infodisclaimer.xhtml(11): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: could not parse OEBPS/text/X80000070_infodisclaimer.xhtml: duplicate id: X80000070_infodisclaimer
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Downloads/Enya/eBook/eb0002.epub: image file OEBPS/images/PG_112967.jpg is missing

Check finished with warnings or errors!
Old 12-25-2009, 03:52 AM   #11
paulgodard

First of all, thank you very much for your help so far. I have fixed most of the errors... see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
OK, I've downloaded from your web site again. It's incorrectly zipped - the book contents (especially mimetype) and nested in a couple of folders instead of being at the root level.
I don't know what is wrong in the zipping. This is how I do it in the bash file.
rm -f "$FILE"
zip -X0 "$FILE" mimetype
zip -X9Dr "$FILE" META-INF OEBPS
I have re-uploaded the latest version. Is it now correct?

Quote:
Re-zipping correctly, lots of errors show up in content.opf - ids mustn't have spaces, and they must all be unique.
Fixed.

Quote:
In the toc.ncx the play order sequence has gaps (it must be sequential).
I can not fix that. I want all the email to start at a new page (so it is a separate xhtml file) but I do not want them to show in the spine, neither in the TOC. If I remove the gaps, then the flow is incorrect, it goes from chapter to chapter, jumping over all the emails within them. What is the solution?

Quote:
There are also still some name and id problems in the html.
Fixed.

Quote:
In case you can't see them in epubcheck, I've added the error messages below.
I can now see the errors in epubcheck.

Quote:
Now, it has been argued by some that epubcheck only checks whether and epub can pass epubcheck, and this is true - passing epubcheck doesn't mean your epub is perfect. It ssays nothing about the content, only that the syntax is (probably) good. But IMO, it's an essential start to pass epubcheck.
The only error is the gaps in toc.ncx (see above).

I think that I am almost there... Would you mind checking the file again and tell me what to do regarding the gaps. Thank you! Paul
Old 12-25-2009, 06:15 AM   #12
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
I can not fix that. I want all the email to start at a new page (so it is a separate xhtml file) but I do not want them to show in the spine, neither in the TOC. If I remove the gaps, then the flow is incorrect, it goes from chapter to chapter, jumping over all the emails within them. What is the solution?
The playOrder number don't have any effect that I know of. If you want a new page, you can force it with the page-break-before or page-break-after CSS properties, you don't need to use a separate file. But why don't you want them to show in the spine? The spine does not show anywhere, it only gives the order in which the files will be presented when paging forward or backward, nothing else. If you don't want them in the TOC, don't put them in the TOC, but the playOrder of the elements that are in the TOC must be sequential to be spec-compliant.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:18 AM   #13
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
I have re-uploaded the latest version. Is it now correct?
Yes, that seems fine.

Quote:
Just renumber the playOrder attribute in the toc.ncx so that they are sequential. It doesn't affect the order in which the items appear when scrolling through the document. Also, the navPoints shouldn't really all have the same id, although epubcheck 1.04 doesn't complain. I suspect it should.

[/QUOTE]
Old 12-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #14
paulgodard

I got it 100% without error! Thank you very much for your help pdurrant. Much appreciated!
I am selling this ebook on Lulu.com. I tried with Amazon but without a us bank account it does not work... How can I go around that? Or where are the other good places to seel such kind of ebook, especially for non-us author?
Paul
Old 12-25-2009, 06:13 PM   #15
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

You can sell at smashwords, but for such a graphical book this probably isn't a good option.

If you set up a Lightning Source account, you can publish in ePub and get picked up by various ebook resellers (but not Amazon)

My Desbarollda ebook is available as ePub through Lightning Source. They do force the use of DRM though :-(

Quote:
I got it 100% without error! Thank you very much for your help pdurrant. Much appreciated!
I am selling this ebook on Lulu.com. I tried with Amazon but without a us bank account it does not work... How can I go around that? Or where are the other good places to seel such kind of ebook, especially for non-us author?
Paul