Notices

Old 09-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
latexsalesman
Enthusiast
latexsalesman doesn't litterlatexsalesman doesn't litter

Device: Pw2 @ Retina Mini
Dual Libraries

Hi Hi,

First, I LOVE CALIBRE!!!!!!!(Thanks Kovid!)

Ok now for my question, is there a way for me to run 2 different libraries with Calibre. Both libraries would need to be on my vista run pc. One would be very large library of 20k+ files and the other under 500 for my future reads with my Sony 505. My database is too large and filled with far too many freebies to allow me a realistic browsing experience. Any suggestions???

Thanks,

Jason
latexsalesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre --with-library
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 08:34 PM   #3
latexsalesman
Enthusiast

Thanks Kovid,

I am still a bit confused.... Would I use the save to disk command on the files in my large library that I want to have in a smaller library???? I only have 1 library right now but want to split it up. How then would I get Calibre to look there without it moving my entire library from 1 folder to another. How would I use the "calibre --with-library" command? I am not sure what to do....

Thanks,

Jason
Old 09-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do a save to disk with the files you want. Then quit calibre. Start calibre

calibre --with-library "\path\to\new\library"

Now import the previously saved books into the new library
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
latexsalesman
Enthusiast

Hi Kovid,

I just wanted to say thanks for your help..... It works very easy switching from 1 database to another with the cmd prompt.

Thanks so much,

Jason
Advert