Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #5191
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:17 AM   #5192
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Can a song parody be considered a work of art? I've found that with many parodies the parody is more memorable that the original song was and in some ways can be more moving. As an example, the song "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt is a good song, but I've found that "Weird Al" Yankovic's parody "You're Pitiful" is both funny while also being a bit sad and emotionally moving.

Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:05 AM   #5193
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Fetch me a slice if pie, slave!
Old 03-29-2013, 06:15 AM   #5194
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Fetch me a slice if pie, slave!
And if it's not pie?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #5195
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Need I remind you that maps are flammable?
Old 04-09-2013, 02:19 AM   #5196
mvisconte
pHilosopher kIng
mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop, laptop, desktop, phone (HTC, HTC, Asus, Asus, LG rah!)
Enuf for a pie hole

Oy, Simon!
Ow ar' ye, mate? Yah?
Lissin, need a favvor, righ?
Oi needs some poi.
Yeah.
Yeah.
NO I'm no' shi'in ya.
Roight. Serus. Oi. Need. Poi!

Well, ar, I dunno. I hadn go' tha far. Its for a bloke oi know, kinder, a Bilbo. He's a... pieman, jes loik you, eh?

Just poi. Ah, yer cud. Ow much? 'Ell, nuf ta fill a poi hole, roight?

Ah. I don' know, akchewly. Nivver laid oys on tha' buggar.

Fa! Ow big cannit be, roi? Heh. Lemme lookup somat.

Blimey, 'cordin' ta this, e's a biggun, uh gian ov some sort. No, really. Lookee'ere this Karma. Fi recall, tha' make him... Eh, fideen, sideen stone, oy?

Nah, ya took bigger mun than a' bugger. Na, doan ye worry ye hed aboot.
Nah, we'll farm it out, so's ta speak. We makes it, we takes it 'n gives it ta Bilbo. E takes it from there. Well, 'cuz he's a baggins. How'dell I know whadit mean? E'S A BAGGINS! Well, 'is firs' noam's Bilbo, aight? No, I saw it. All one word. Bil-Bo. Oy, n' e's only 3 foot tall! Ow'd ya lik-a tie in ta thet Oy! He's whup yeras good! Fink on it, 'e taken on a feller ov almos' tweny stone, 'n ya see HIM quiverin!? No. No, actuly, I ain't seen 'im quiver, eaver.

Ya, we jus "source" tha' poi, an' leave it to the nutter to hoist it up to 'im.

Ya. Now, wha' kind'll we get?

Choclit? I dinno, choco's fine 'n all, but I'm tapped 'til Wensdy next. Nooo, she caugh me fishin in her bag, she'd break 'er own leg off ta beat me w'id. No, we got'a go sly. Oy, wha bout Bob? Bob. Yer ONCLE? Ya, "tha wun in Somerset!" Ow many oncles ya go'? For tha ma'ar, how many Bob's ya got unner yer coat? Pish.

Yeah, call 'im. Sure'ill r'memer yoo... yer is favrit, righ? W'as 'e raise agin? Sides rug-rags. Oohoo? Yippy-eye-ay Cow paddy! So, choco's diffinitely oot, n' 'bif surpriz" z on the menu!

Coo, I din' spect tha' kine-a respection. At least 'e din' thre'in a comat us! Pish, you canna run any fasser 'n 'im n E's go' a wheelchar! Yah, well, battery or no, you'd go down in tha firs' quar mile. So, we set? E said we can cum n git a front-loader of it? Wha ya thin', 'bout 10 stone? Ah, wall, we'll use as much as we can scoop. If we go shy, we'll impovervise n' cover w/ grass 'n ey.

Hooee! Naw aww we need is a crust. I dinno, 'ow much ya reckon for a 3/4m wide pan? Ayah... that'd work, two three loaves. Call op Coxie 'n tell 'im we need a borrow an orse tub. No, he'll ge a kick, I knoo.

Ah... no, I niver bake afore eiver. Can' be too 'ard, ever'body does it.

How hot? Sky! I look lak a caker t you? Nah, I got it all figured. Widder Haller bin want'n me more the far-wood from near the shed. Sed it's boggy, and she wan's it burnt. Ya. So, see, birds! Birds all burned up ina hand, see? Well, no, cuz their bugs, but if they wuz birds, then I'd have them in my hand, see? Oh, so what.

Oi found some old bread fo the crust. Yeah, just lay it out. o'er the bo'um, n' op th' sides. Ooo, two dep meby. Priddy, righ?

Noo, COXIE! CAN YE DRIV TA THENG? YA, OVER TAHAR. WE PUT TH' TUB DOON, N' FEELED IT W/ BREAD. YA, WE SAVE YA A SLICE. K,

Ya, no, gi' a GUD SCOOP! WALL, WE GOT THE FAR FOR IT. WE PUT THE BUCKET UP TOP THE FARWOOD, SO's LIF n' DUMP! YEAh.
NO! WIDDER HALLER AIN' BE HAPPY, WE GOTTA PUT OUT THE SHED!
PUT OUT THA SHED!

Crimeny! NOT PULL! PUT!!! PUT OUT NOT PULL DOWN. SEEFER! I'LL not hear th' end o' this, I tell ya.

Lissen, Bilbo, ahhh... can ye do us a favvor? oh, no much, we jes need ye to go by someat's 'ouse 'n claim a sartain pie we made. No, we're... out o' town just yet, n' we'lln't be beck afore Sondy. Oh, ef, you kn keep it. Oh, no. Really. ittuz a sprize for ye. No, do as ye like. Oh sure, share around, I'm sure. Jes 'member, we're misterous benefaccers, n' we doan' wan oor goot names out 'it, ya? I recommen' goin' in th' evenin, as the light's failin'... and back in all quiet, load up, and don' waste any time. I mean, thur simple folk, n' mos' likely asleep, and need ther res.

Goot on ya, mate.

Well, ENJOY -- but, eh, better let th' other folks get the firs bites, eh?

mvisconte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:56 AM   #5197
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Last edited by Dylrob; 04-12-2013 at 03:58 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #5198
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
Did you know that if you forget about a can of pineapple for about eight years it eventually explodes all over the pantry? Me neither.
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #5199
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Why do some songs inspire performers to release cover versions of songs? The Beatles' song "Yesterday" has inspired so many to release their own cover of the song, yet how many have considered releasing a cover version of "Revolution No. 9"?
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #5200
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
It amazes me as to what people come up with!

The longest word to appear in a published crossword puzzle.

Quote:
The clue was “Giggling troll follows Clancy, Larry, Billy and Peggy who howl, wrongly disturbing a place in Wales (58)”, an anagram.[3]
Spoiler:

So the actual anagram is for "Giggling troll follows Clancy, Larry, Billy, and Peggy who howl wrongly'

The answer is
Spoiler:

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch

and yes... I just went and counted all the letters to ensure it was correct!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #5201
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
Why do some songs inspire performers to release cover versions of songs? The Beatles' song "Yesterday" has inspired so many to release their own cover of the song, yet how many have considered releasing a cover version of "Revolution No. 9"?
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolut...Cover_versions

Quote:
Kurt Hoffman's Band of Weeds performs "Revolution #9" on the 1992 album "Live at the Knitting Factory: Downtown Does the Beatles" (Knitting Factory Records). [30] The jam band Phish performed "Revolution 9" (along with almost all of the songs from The Beatles) at their Halloween 1994 concert that was released in 2002 as Live Phish Volume 13. Australian dance rock band Def FX recorded a version for their 1996 album Majick. Little Fyodor recorded a cover in 1987 and released it as a CD single in 2000.[31] In 2008, the contemporary classical chamber ensemble Alarm Will Sound transcribed an orchestral re-creation of "Revolution 9" which they performed on tour.[32] Also in 2008, the contemporary jazz trio The Neil Cowley Trio recorded both "Revolution 9" and "Revolution" for the magazine Mojo. "Revolution 9" has also inspired songs by punk group United Nations ("Resolution 9") and rock band Marilyn Manson ("Revelation #9"). It also inspired White Zombie's "Real Solution #9", which contains samples of a Prime Time Live interview that Diane Sawyer conducted with Manson Family member Patricia Krenwinkel. In the sample used Krenwinkel is heard saying: "Yeah, I remember her saying, I'm already dead."
So I make it to be six!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #5202
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
I've only heard one cover of "Tomorrow Never Knows" for that matter. It was done and done well by Phil Collins.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #5203
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I found something I want...

KiwiTechnics Patch Editor.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #5204
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I knew it: bacon is the secret to long life.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #5205
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I found something I want...

KiwiTechnics Patch Editor.
I received the something I want yesterday. It is muy impresionante.

Tags
man boobs, skippy the bush kangaroo, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness