Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 01:11 AM   #1
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Mobi-Mobi Converted Books using Calibre

OK I know I'm doing something stupid ... Or I'm just missing something

If I send a book (Non DRM) converted from Mobi to Mobi using calibre to my K3 it shows up in my Kindle for PC, and on my K3

However if I send the very same file to my sons Christmas Present K4 it shows on the K4 but it does not show up in his Kindle for PC (Same version as mine) does anyone know why ?

Will the K4 not allow this, if the book shows in Kindle for PC should it sync with the Kindle ?

Is there any way to put the books on to the Kindle and Kindle for PC and to Sync them ?

All help appreciated

By the way it is a K4 NT

Last edited by Kevin2960; 12-22-2011 at 01:15 AM.
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Probably a dumb question, but I assume that both the K and Pc are registered to the same account? Is it possible that he set up the pc on your account and the touch on a new account?
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
How is the book being sent? Is it via email to your Kindle address, or just over the USB cord. If over the USB cable, it will not show up in the Archives of other Kindles. Or, maybe you have hit the limit for personal documents being in your Archives.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #4
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
Probably a dumb question, but I assume that both the K and Pc are registered to the same account? Is it possible that he set up the pc on your account and the touch on a new account?
I set up on same account, So that shouldn't be a problem, Not a dumb question ... I've asked a LOT dumber questions than that

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
How is the book being sent? Is it via email to your Kindle address, or just over the USB cord. If over the USB cable, it will not show up in the Archives of other Kindles. Or, maybe you have hit the limit for personal documents being in your Archives.
Sent to myname@free.kindle.com and no way personal documents limit reached, As far as I can see only difference is mine is a K3 and my son's a K4 nothing set differently that I can find ...

Thanks anyway both of you,
Old 12-22-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
Personal Documents can be sent through email only to your kindle hardware devices, not Kindle app for non-amazon platform. Not sure how you're doing that with your K3.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2011, 04:47 AM   #6
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinew View Post
Personal Documents can be sent through email only to your kindle hardware devices, not Kindle app for non-amazon platform. Not sure how you're doing that with your K3.

It works with files you convert from Mobi to Mobi (Don't ask me .. I don't know why ) in Calibre ... But as I say not with the K4 ... Oh well I guess theres nothing I can do,

Thanks to all for replies
Old 12-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #7
emalvick
Groupie
emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle 3
The Calibre is only on your computer?

It could be more to do with your computer than Amazon or the Kindle4PC app. If your Kindle4PC app and Calibre are on the same computer, you may have some setting that is allowing your specific Kindle4PC app to see the mobi files, whereas your son's Kindle4PC app is potentially on a different computer or perhaps even just using a different folder or settings that can't see the actual Mobi files.

It may have nothing to do with the actual Kindle or Amazon website.
emalvick is offline   Reply With Quote