Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-03-2009, 08:19 AM   #1
Portnull
Portnull began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Image processing using html2epub?

Hi all,

I'm excited about the command line html2epub that came with my Calibre install. I'm planning on using it more often than the GUI. However there's one thing I can't get to work.

When processing a HTML file with images using Calibre, it looks like the program resizes (and even re-codes?) the images I used. I didn't even notice at first, but the color is slightly different compared to the originals. These images work in Adobe Digital Editions as well as my PRS505.

Using html2epub the images are embedded in the .epub-file, but they won't work in both my onscreen reader and my 505. Looking at the contents of the ePub-file, the images look the same as the originals; so they're not resized/re-encoded as the Calibre GUI does.

The images look way better, but won't work on my device. Anyone know a solution to this?

Last edited by Portnull; 06-03-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Portnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
Portnull
Portnull began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Looks like a CYMK -> RGB issue, possibly something the GUI can handle but the command line cannot.
Portnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can have html2epub resize images by giving it a --profile argument. The reason calibre resizes/converts images is because, as you discovered, all images don't work on the device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote