Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-31-2014, 10:47 AM   #91
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
My email finally came tonight, telling me sternly that I need to complete the transfer process by ... March 31. Thanks for the notice, Sony!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
Strange, just got mine and it said May 31 (and even that reads like it's just store credit and books would transfer after this date).
Mine said May 31 too, but perhaps it varies per country.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:52 AM   #92
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I'm still waiting!
Nothing here, either. I suppose it's academic since I have the books, but it's annoying.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2014, 11:55 AM   #93
mindwarp
Zealot
mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Finally received my link. 40 of my books didn't transfer, but my $80+ credit did. So I'm happy.
mindwarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:15 PM   #94
Poodlemom1
Groupie
Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Glow HD, Fire HD6, iPad Air 2, Mini 2
I received my email this morning. 73 of 80 books transferred to Kobo. The 7 that did not transfer are freebies that are safely stored in Calibre.
Poodlemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:46 PM   #95
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I got my e-mail today. Some 21 books didn't transfer, but fortunately, I format shift all my books, so I have them all in calibre.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2014, 05:33 PM   #96
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Did the transfer; 94 of 96 books transferred.

Last edited by 4691mls; 03-31-2014 at 05:41 PM.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:03 PM   #97
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I finally received my email today (98 of 116 transferred). I did download the others even though I probably have them in Calibre already. This was the first time that I ever received an email when a store closed (not from FW and not from Bob even though I bought tons of books there). I do have to give Sony & Kobo credit for the smoothness of the transfer.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:10 PM   #98
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Well, I got my Sony check in the mail and the Kobo credit but still no transition email! Sigh.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #99
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Well, I got my Sony check in the mail and the Kobo credit but still no transition email! Sigh.
Looks like you are going to be the last one! I hope you get your email soon.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #100
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
I finally got mine, so you might well be the last wo/man standing.

It was a minor irritant that while the freebies, such as they were, transferred (I got over freebies early days), several more esoteric books did not. However, I looked and Kobo indeed doesn't have them, so fair dos and I'm glad I bought them while I could.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:24 AM   #101
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I wonder when I should give up and call a help desk. What number would it be? Sony or Kobo?
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #102
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
Quote:
I wonder when I should give up and call a help desk. What number would it be? Sony or Kobo?
Both couldn't hurt, but you might want to try Kobo's chat - they seem to be the most responsive. I've had the best luck there with good CS.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:56 PM   #103
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Dumb question.... Since there are a number of books in my Sony Library that did not transfer over to my Kobo account, can I download those onto my PC and then use on a Kobo eReader?????
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #104
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
Sure you can, bookratt. Just use ADE to download from Sony and transfer to your Kobo.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:07 PM   #105
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharphamster View Post
Sure you can, bookratt. Just use ADE to download from Sony and transfer to your Kobo.
Thanks, good to know. Did not want to lose those books!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote