Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
met67
Connoisseur
met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook Touch
Running strace on Kobo

I've been asked more info on how I run strace on Kobo to gather infos on nickel (see here), so I'll open a new, dedicated, thread.

In order to run strace, you need to have telnet/ftp or ssh access to your kobo, you can find more info on this several threads here in MobileRead.

First step is to download strace.zip from this post and extract the strace executable from the archive.

Next put strace in your Kobo, e.g. in /root (you can use ftp for this).

Now you must flag the command as executable, by using this command from telnet:
Code:
chmod +x /root/strace
In order to use strace, you must launch a new executable or attach to a running process. Since nickel should be already running on your Kobo, you can find its pid with the 'ps' command:
Code:
ps | grep nickel
Suppose that the process id of nickel is 510, you can run strace on it with
Code:
/root/strace -p 510
If you are interested only in file operations, you can use the '-e' option of strace like this:
Code:
/root/strace -e trace=file -p 510
strace has a lot of other options, you can find them in its man page

Hope this helps.
met67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Many Thanks. I've added this info to the post I'm maintaining on hacks and tools.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Does this work for FW 2.6+?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
met67
Connoisseur
met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Does this work for FW 2.6+?
I've used this on 2.8.1, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work on earlier fw.
met67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Thank you for the reply. I thought it might work only on FW prior to 2.6.
Edit: I see, this concerns only progs that work together with nickel or use qt libraries.

Last edited by tshering; 07-26-2013 at 01:22 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert