Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-26-2019, 03:31 AM   #1
ljswj
ljswj began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
fw upgraded, jailbreak lost

my pw2 was once successfully jailbroken, which was more than two years ago. recently, when i need to read some epub files, it showed wrong messages, and the book could not be opened. then i went to the setting, and found it had been upgraded to the latest version, 5.11.1, secretly !!!!
now every time after the reboot(i did't reset my kindle.), click kual for the first time, wrong messages would appear, but after that, kual can be opened, while it seems that it can't function. when i click "install mr packages", nothing happens.
i tried runme.sh, and failed.

does it mean that jailbreak is lost?
are there any ways to jailbreak it again!

How i regret that i didn't turn off wifi!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ljswj; 04-26-2019 at 03:36 AM.
ljswj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:41 AM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
You should install the hotfix as update
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1597
then MR Package Installer
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
and then booklet-KUAL via mrpi
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=304
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2019, 04:43 AM   #3
ljswj

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
thks,I have tried to install the hotfix, but it is not workable, also with wrong message.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:27 AM   #4
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That means that you have lost your jailbreak.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:35 AM   #5
ljswj

is there any possibility that i could restore it or re-jailbreak it?
Advert
Old 04-26-2019, 06:39 AM   #6
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljswj View Post
is there any possibility that i could restore it or re-jailbreak it?
I’m not the most experienced, but from your description about Kual, if it’s able to function at all then the jailbreak should be active.
Did you put the hotfix file at the root directory of your Kindle? And then “update firmware” in the settings?
Did you use the latest snapshots to install after using MRPI? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
I myself have a PW2 and had success. And the kindlet for KUAL still works. I’ve never used the Booklet for my PW2.
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:09 AM   #7
hius07
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Arkite View Post
And the kindlet for KUAL still works. I’ve never used the Booklet for my PW2.
Oh, yes, you are right.
Kindlet support still remains in PW2 even in the latest firmwares (and has been dropped in PW3 since 5.9.2).
Old 04-26-2019, 07:55 AM   #8
ljswj

Quote:
I’m not the most experienced, but from your description about Kual, if it’s able to function at all then the jailbreak should be active.
Did you put the hotfix file at the root directory of your Kindle? And then “update firmware” in the settings?
Did you use the latest snapshots to install after using MRPI? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
I myself have a PW2 and had success. And the kindlet for KUAL still works. I’ve never used the Booklet for my PW2.
after the reboot, if you run kual for the first time, it is not workablt, and the wrong message would pop out. but if you run rual again, it can enter the menu of kual. i don't know whether or not jialbreak is still active.
i also tried runme.sh, and can't see "hello, world!" on the top left corner of the screen.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:20 AM   #9
ljswj

Quote:
thxs.
i tried again. this time after copying hotfix into my kindle, i didn't unplug kindle, and click "update firmware". previously i unplugged it, and then got the message that told the firmware is wrong.

now, i regain the jailbreak!!!!
Old 04-26-2019, 08:38 AM   #10
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljswj View Post
thxs.
i tried again. this time after copying hotfix into my kindle, i didn't unplug kindle, and click "update firmware". previously i unplugged it, and then got the message that told the firmware is wrong.

now, i regain the jailbreak!!!!
Great job being persistent!
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote