Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 06:22 AM   #1
SpaceKake
SpaceKake began at the beginning.

Device: none
Been searching, need help!!

Hey guys, so i have many, many ebooks downloaded on my PC that i've promised myself to read, but just sitting in front of my PC reading them, well it sucks. So i've decided to get a reader, but since im a Uni student living on my own, money is tight. I want a reader with a e-ink screen, and be able to put my own PDF's onto it. That's it, nothing else matters, besides price (-$100(AUD)) anybody know one that fits the criteria?
SpaceKake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Spacekake, unfortunately I can't help you with recommending a special reader because I don't know anything about availability and prices in Australia.

I just wanna give you a little warning. Pdf-files and 6" devices aren't the happiest couple together.
It works perfectly well when the pdf-files are edited to fit an A6 or A5 paper. But most pdf-files are prepared to be read at size A4 or legal.
It may be that your pdf-files work out fine, that they are readable in portrait or landscape mode, but that's not garantied.

Do you happen to have a store nearby you where you could try an ereader "in real", maybe bring with you a sd-card with some pdf-files to test?

And you should look after devices that are able to reflow pdf-files.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert