Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
cme550
cme550 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Getting a kindle...transferring books

I've got an iphone 4 which comes with an app called ibooks and I also downloaded kindle for iphone. Both have books I have purchased. Is there any way I can transfer the books from both apps to my phone to a kindle?

Many thanks!
cme550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The books you bought using the Kindle App will be in your Kindle account - you can simply re-download them onto your Kindle. The Kindle will display a home page item called "Archive" which contains everything that you've bought but not downloaded to that device. Just open the archive, and select the books you want to download to your new Kindle.

I'm afraid that books bought in the iBookStore can't be transferred elsewhere. Best to avoid that store - it "locks you in" to iBooks. Sorry!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
jgumphress
Connoisseur
jgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-booksjgumphress has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
That is why I like Amazon. You may also download your books from Amazon to several different devices. And they all stay in sync as to where you are in the book.
jgumphress is offline   Reply With Quote