Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #31
mrmls
Enthusiast
mrmls has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 950
carpetmojo, there are some layouts and weirdly generated pdfs that Sony cannot handle.
Also when I use standard zooming, which is always when reading PDFs, vector figures are rendered absolutely wrong. Sometimes bitmap figures are re-flowed at the end of the page, not where it appears in a column which sometimes is inconvenient.

PDF by design was meant to be fixed layout to be sure that it always looks the same..
mrmls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #32
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
What is the dodgy bit about PDF ?

My PRS 650 seems to have no problems with PDF downloads, or have I missed something vitally important and techy ?
No, but i depends on the PDF itself. PDF's come with different formats. Some are easily to read using PRS-650 and some are not. I do have some technical manuals which can't be easily read on the 650 while others looks like ePub although they are PDF.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #33
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
The Kindle DX is defitely the best reader for PDF documents i have tried so far. Books, journal papers. Works perfectly as long as you don't want it to do something it was not meant to do like notes, or highlights.
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #34
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
No, but i depends on the PDF itself. PDF's come with different formats. Some are easily to read using PRS-650 and some are not. I do have some technical manuals which can't be easily read on the 650 while others looks like ePub although they are PDF.
Ah...got it.

Well I haven't, but I comprehend the problem.

I think..........

Thanks SkyDream...........
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote