Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
Beckeyd
Beckeyd began at the beginning.

Device: nook color, droid incredible
Question Library Audio Books disappearing

First let me say I am sooo glad I found this forum. I've been reading past posts and you all are a wealth of information. I have a few questions I didn't see adressed in earlier posts.

Ok I got my Color for Christmas and got a few books from B&N but I had also noticed that I could check out ebooks and audio ebooks from my local library online. We're a small area and they were mostly designed I think to download to Ipod type devices. I had no problem downloading it to my Nook (other than the amount of time.) Few issues after that though:

*one they showed up as one long MP3 (13 hr long song!) so there was no way to "bookmark" it. I have seen this issue addressed in other posts so I'm ok with that or at least understand.
*Two The 1st time I down loaded the audio they showed up in Extras under music. The second time they showed up under my files downloaded music. I am downloading them directly from the library site not my computer. when I tried to do it through the pc and transfer them it didn't want to work for me.
*Three even though I have them checked out for 3 weeks they deleted off my Nook after 48 hrs.

TIA for any tips~
Beckeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckeyd View Post
First let me say I am sooo glad I found this forum. I've been reading past posts and you all are a wealth of information. I have a few questions I didn't see adressed in earlier posts.

Ok I got my Color for Christmas and got a few books from B&N but I had also noticed that I could check out ebooks and audio ebooks from my local library online. We're a small area and they were mostly designed I think to download to Ipod type devices. I had no problem downloading it to my Nook (other than the amount of time.) Few issues after that though:

*one they showed up as one long MP3 (13 hr long song!) so there was no way to "bookmark" it. I have seen this issue addressed in other posts so I'm ok with that or at least understand.
*Two The 1st time I down loaded the audio they showed up in Extras under music. The second time they showed up under my files downloaded music. I am downloading them directly from the library site not my computer. when I tried to do it through the pc and transfer them it didn't want to work for me.
*Three even though I have them checked out for 3 weeks they deleted off my Nook after 48 hrs.

TIA for any tips~
Did you clear the downloads from your webbrowser? I've found that sometimes this also deletes the files that were downloaded.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #3
Beckeyd
Beckeyd began at the beginning.

Device: nook color, droid incredible
Ya know that might have been it. I'll pay attention to that next time. Thanks!
Beckeyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
color, library books, nook