Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
laji
Banned
laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: monitor
Hierarchical multilevel tag-stucture of genres? [Request?]

Hi all!

Thank's for great job! And excuse for my english.

I searched long time FAQ and forum, but couldn't find answer. Is there a way to see my books in hierarchical multilevel tag-stucture of genres? If not, is it planed for the future?

I mean:

Category: tags
- Science (20)
-- Natural sciences (12)
--- Matematica (0)
--- Physica (2)
--- Biologia (10)
---- Botanica (0)
---- Zoologia (2)
----- Etologia (1)
---- Antropologia (8)
----- Physiologia (1)
----- Psychologia (5)
------ Love (2)
------ Behaviorizmus (1)
-- Social sciences (8)
--- Historica (2)
--- Linguistica (4)
- Literature (17)

...and so on.

1. Numbers in parenthesis shows the total number of all books in that level plus in sublevels.
2. Same: if I click on a level, I can see all books of that level plus it's sublevels'.
3. I must to assign a book only to one level, and it seems in every upper-level, too.

Thank you for your help in advance.
laji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
its not on the todo list. Personally, I don't see the appeal of hierarchical tags. Still if someone were to submit a patch, I wouldn't refuse it.

The way it would work is that tags starting with a / would become hierarchical in the tag browser.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The way it would work is that tags starting with a / would become hierarchical in the tag browser.
Isn't that tag designation currently used for designating paths when sending to device? At least, that's the way I use it.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Isn't that tag designation currently used for designating paths when sending to device? At least, that's the way I use it.
Oh yeah, I forgot.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:49 AM   #5
laji
Banned
laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: monitor
Kovidgoyal, thank you for quick response. Currently I have not enough time to learn and write patch - but may be, later.

Now I shall use this workaround:
Category:Science
Tags:
Biologia
Biologia. Psychologia
Biologia. Psichologia. Love

...and so on. The items assign manually to all 3 tags.

Have a nice day!

P.S.
If somebody do this patch, please, be so kind, inform me about it!

Last edited by laji; 11-28-2010 at 11:52 AM.
laji is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert