Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #1
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Charging bug fixed in new kernels for CM10!

I missed this the other day for whatever reason, but the charging issue we have on every ROM since ICS has now been fixed for the Jelly Bean port over at XDA. So, if you were holding out on flashing, it's now working and will only get better from here on.

Quote:
KERNEL FEATURES:
  1. [09/05] Updated to SGX/IMG DDK 1.9.RC2@2139099 for Android (Posted 9 hours ago)
  2. Based on TI kernel 4AI.1.7 (3.0.31 mainline) which supports 512M memory mapping needed by the Kindle Fire
  3. Uses ducati binary from TI based on rpmsg 1.20.5.11 (replaced Archos ducati binary from ICS 4.0.3)
  4. Kernel audio: Added a switch device "h2w" which allows the OS to recognize headset plug events and adjust audio capture routes accordingly. Translation: OS can recognize we have a MIC input via headset now. (NOTE: that audio recording is still not working at this time. Tho it is very close).
  5. MUCH better standby / sleep function. The device will go inactive for much longer periods of time (80-100 seconds) while still waking up appropriately for wifi events, power button triggers, etc. And this is still going to get even better when I re-implement DPLL cascading and the charger fixes coming later.
  6. Many bugfixes pulled down from TI's omapzoom sources.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
Polyphemus
I am not The Stig
Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK-3g; PRS-350; Galaxy Tab 7.0+; Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
I flashed the ROM from Monday (20120917 ... with SGT7...) and I noticed that the orange light came on when I plugged in my Fire to charge last night. The light stayed on and then turned green when the charging was done.

I sure like Jelly Bean!
Polyphemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
Oh good grief. The charging problem is a software issue? My replacement (for the one I ran over with the car) has the charging issue. I thought it was the port itself. I might have to try that Jelly bean thing.
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire
I installed Hashcodes AOSP Jellybean and it is just beautiful. I've gone back and forth between Jellybean and the stock rom but I'm definitely keeping this one for awhile. I highly recommend it for anyone who is thinking of upgrading to the Kindle Fire HD. This rom will make you think twice.
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:39 AM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Oh good grief. The charging problem is a software issue? My replacement (for the one I ran over with the car) has the charging issue. I thought it was the port itself. I might have to try that Jelly bean thing.
Just on custom ROMs. No charging issue on stock.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Just on custom ROMs. No charging issue on stock.
I new it was too good to be true. <sigh>
Old 10-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #7
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
I new it was too good to be true. <sigh>
What charging issue do you have?
Old 10-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #8
iPatty
Zealot

When I plug it in to charge, I have to hit the "sweet" spot with the charger. I plug and unplug till I find it. It's not the charger, I have 3. It's the charging port on the KF. I know, they'll replace it. (again)
Old 10-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #9
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Oh yeah, I have that issue too. I don't know why Amazon doesn't go in and figure out how to tighten it. It should be easy enough.