Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #91
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I am currently looking for a similar setting type shortcut but with how Amazon is using a different settings app then the stock android app finding one that works might take some digging. On regular Android you can make a shortcut to it.

Do a Search for App Manager or App Killer on Amazon. I'm sure they have something there. Also, Quick System Info Pro allows you to quickly Manage or Launch Applications. it is available from the Amazon App Store Free.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #92
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Deleting Items In The Carousel

I found this in one of the discussion threads on Amazon.com.

Quote:
Deleting from carousel:

1. To clear apps: settings-applications-Filter by ALL APPS - App Manager-clear data.

2. Delete a video:settings-select more-applications-amazon video- clear data.

3. Clear web pages: web-menu icon- settings
In the web browser settings you want to select "Clear history"

It works!!! All your books and periodicals remain. It's a quick and dirty way to clean up the Carousel when needed.

Now if we can get some customization options for it, that would be great. We should be able to select what content we want to show up there. I don't want my apps and web browsing history there. The favorites shelf is good enough for day-to-day app access and movies/tv shows. And we have browser bookmarks.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #93
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Do a Search for App Manager or App Killer on Amazon. I'm sure they have something there. Also, Quick System Info Pro allows you to quickly Manage or Launch Applications. it is available from the Amazon App Store Free.
I have Superbox Pro I got months back as a giveaway. It is compatible with the Fire.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:47 AM   #94
parafluie
Enthusiast
parafluie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle 3,
Blank messages from jswinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
That's weird! I've never heard that before. Maybe I'm morphing into a vampire?!

BTW: I'm posting this from my Windows 7 PC. Occasionally I post here via my iPad or KFire. I wonder if that makes a difference?
This is an example. I have replied with a quote above, and thus can read it. But as much as I value your input (how could I not with such a lovely kitty) I just don't want to do that to read each and every message.

I use WXP and Firefox and I cannot drag anything.

Here is a print screeen from photobucket:

Have a great Saturday!

Last edited by parafluie; 11-19-2011 at 04:53 AM.
parafluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:04 AM   #95
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parafluie View Post
Jack, when your messages come up on my computer, there is no text to read. I must reply/quote in order to see what you are saying.

Does anyone else have this problem?
That is odd I have no problems seeing his posts. Try another browser.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:06 AM   #96
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
This is an example. I have replied with a quote above, and thus can read it. But as much as I value your input (how could I not with such a lovely kitty) I just don't want to do that to read each and every message.

Have a great Saturday!
Are you using the lastet version of Firefox?
Old 11-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #97
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Quote:

Have a great Saturday!
I think you may have added him to your ignore list. Go into User CP>Edit Ignored Users and check if jswinden is listed there
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #98
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia View Post
I think you may have added him to your ignore list. Go into User CP>Edit Ignored Users and check if jswinden is listed there
That is probably it. He is only seeing the title to my posts for some reason. Of course sometime invisibility is a good thing!
Old 11-20-2011, 05:35 AM   #99
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Yep, I noticed that the carousel includes all the archived books. I have only about 50 books archived and that makes for too big of a carousel! I can only imagine how bad it will be for those who have 2000 books archived. I used to mostly sideload books, but have recently switched over to using the archive so this will be a problem for me before too long. Amazon at least needs to include the option of NOT listing the entire Archive or Cloud as they do in the Books section where we can select to view books via Cloud (Archive) or Device.
I'm betting they change this in the future as well as allowing you to delete items from the recently used carousel. I would encourage everyone to provide this feedback to Amazon directly.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:40 AM   #100
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
.... Still beats the pants off the Nook though!
Troublemaker!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:27 AM   #101
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Yep, I noticed that the carousel includes all the archived books. I have only about 50 books archived and that makes for too big of a carousel! I can only imagine how bad it will be for those who have 2000 books archived. I used to mostly sideload books, but have recently switched over to using the archive so this will be a problem for me before too long. Amazon at least needs to include the option of NOT listing the entire Archive or Cloud as they do in the Books section where we can select to view books via Cloud (Archive) or Device.
I have noticed, though, that the first items of the carousel are those you used the last. That's rather convenient.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:22 AM   #102
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
I'd find it usedful if there was an option to specify the number of recently opened items, say 5, 10, 20, all.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #103
tbernstein
tbernstein began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Lightbulb use calibre for news

I highly recommend using calibre on your Mac or Pc to send news to your kindle. I have mine set up to send daily Ny times, wash post, business week, etc. You set up the kindle as the default email in calibre and the news shows up automatically under docs.

The table of contents on the fire is not as nice a display as on the regular kindle' but it usable. Photos look awesome.
tbernstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:04 PM   #104
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Thanks I got it from the App Store (newer version) for 99 Cents! I'm off to try it!

Update: It works great! THANK YOU!!! Well worth the price.
Just bought it too. Had the free version but that one did not let your transfer files to the Fire.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #105
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Just bought it too. Had the free version but that one did not let your transfer files to the Fire.

Carol

I never tried the Free version. However, the Pro Version is awesome and I have used it for a while. There is a link to an older Pro version (post # 69 off this thread) which works pretty good if people just can't afford to pony up 99 cents. I was using an older version I bought a while back, but for 99 cents the upgrade was money well spent.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-20-2011 at 02:31 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote