Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
andre8x8
andre8x8 began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Unusual directory names

I came across some weird behavior on my DR1000.
Directory names with the character ' in it doesn't show the files on the reader.
I know it is strange to use the ' in a directory name, but I happen to have a directory "observer's log" with a lot of pdf files I like to read on my DR1000.
The pdf files reappeared when I renamed the directory to "observers log".

BTW
Today I started using a Kingston 32GB class 4 SD card in the DR1000. Firmware 2.0-rc3 and Mackx Patch installed. So far so good.
andre8x8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
I did a quick test on the emulator but can not reproduce the problem, I can see the folder in the 'SD Card'-view after a (manual) index.
Maybe it is FAT related, I will see if I find some time later to check on the real device.

Update: I checked on my DR and there I also do not see any problems. So I am not sure what is happening on your DR.

Does anyone else see the problems?

Last edited by Mackx; 10-02-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre8x8 View Post

BTW
Today I started using a Kingston 32GB class 4 SD card in the DR1000. Firmware 2.0-rc3 and Mackx Patch installed. So far so good.
In my opinion, this is the best possible configuration to get the most out of the DR1000
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
yuri_b
Connoisseur
yuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enough

Device: irex dr800sg DR1000S
I also sow this problem with file names on DR800sg. My solution was remove all ' occurences. I did enter into this problem, and don't sure that this is an FAT problem there is something wrong in ctb, IMHO.

P.S, It would be nice to investigate it.
yuri_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:53 AM   #5
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
So do the books that are in the '-folder not show up in the SD-Card view or not in the Books view?
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:46 AM   #6
yuri_b
Connoisseur
yuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enough

Device: irex dr800sg DR1000S
I don't known what about folders, but file names aren't shown.
yuri_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #7
andre8x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
So do the books that are in the '-folder not show up in the SD-Card view or not in the Books view?
Today I did some tests:
In the Books view the files do show up.
In Iņigo's Navigator the files do also show up.
So I think there is something strange happening in the SD-Card view.

Greetings,
André
andre8x8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:48 AM   #8
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre8x8 View Post
Today I did some tests:
In the Books view the files do show up.
In Iņigo's Navigator the files do also show up.
So I think there is something strange happening in the SD-Card view.

Greetings,
André
Perhaps a SQL select injection-type problem in libermetadb or ctb?

http://xkcd.com/327/
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #9
andre8x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo;

[url
http://xkcd.com/327/[/url]
LOL :-))

André