Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #1
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
reload document with modified css

Hi,

This is for patchers!!

Still wondering if we are far of the "onclick" event

Each time I change the size of the font, the document seems to be re-parsed.

Is there a possibility for a patch making the same with an "onclick" for css change like "display:none" on some elements.

Regards

François
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxp33 View Post
Hi,

This is for patchers!!

Still wondering if we are far of the "onclick" event

Each time I change the size of the font, the document seems to be re-parsed.
Effectively, that is what you asked it to do. You said "use this font". The renderer has to go through the document and apply that. And then lay it out on the screen. And put in page breaks as appropriate. Code wise, it is probably easier, and not that much slower, to just redo it from the start rather than changing the current rendering. Also, it should only do the current chapter/file. I don't think there is a need to do anything other than the chapter that is being read.
Quote:
Is there a possibility for a patch making the same with an "onclick" for css change like "display:none" on some elements.
I don't know what you mean. The only thing I can think of is you want to be able to change the CSS for something on the screen while you are reading. If so, I don't need it. I would like to have a "userstyles.css" that I can change to overwrite things, but that is a coarser level and based on the books I have looked at, wouldn't work well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert