Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #1381
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, M92
I have an extracting error: Password for locked file bin/grep required.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #1382
zaytsev
zaytsev began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
Try to re-download the file. I have upgraded my Boox M92 and it works great.
zaytsev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #1383
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Are you talking about the newest version from today?
Downloaded again and the same error.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #1384
zaytsev

Yes, the one from the first post in the thread. Maybe you have a different (e.g. ArtaTech) device?
Old 04-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #1385
Defenderland
Groupie

The error appears during extraction of the downloaded RAR-file.
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #1386
zaytsev

First, the downloaded file is a ZIP file. Second, why are you extracting it in the first place? Have you read the instructions on how to update the device? You have to put it on the SD card as is.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:43 PM   #1387
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
booxtor, why did you choose MegaUpload, your drop box downloads are much more easier downloadable.

three attemp's via firefox 20.0.1 doesn't worked, all the time i receive 0 Bytes, until i start jDownloader, copy the link, then it is downloadable. why such inconvenient download solution ? i miss your Drop Box downloads.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #1388
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

ok, now i installed the new onyx-international there is no advantage of the onyx-international FW for me, so i re-installed the latest PDF-Patch by booxtor with his margin-cut-functions which i often use, as well as his multitask, much better that way, more useful.

Last edited by Dolansky; 04-30-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:57 AM   #1389
potatogim
potatogim began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
I can't decompress new firmware...

I have downloaded new firmware(20130429) but can not decompress the file.

Does anybody know what the password is?
potatogim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:02 AM   #1390
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatogim View Post
I have downloaded new firmware(20130429) but can not decompress the file.

Does anybody know what the password is?
you don't need to. Follow the instructions - you will be able to update without decompressing
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:02 AM   #1391
zaytsev

Dolansky, good point. I had to use latest Ubuntu with Chromium in a virtual machine and then transfer the file to a private FTP. If it is possible to give direct links, it will really help.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:13 AM   #1392
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Installed the latest, no issues during installation itself.

Re. Browswer:

* Dictionary still tries to make jump from bottom to top or v.v.( depending on words position), but it does not manage to and screen does not refresh and/or lock up.
* I still have issues with filling in some (many? I have only used it for a day) INPUT and TEXTAREA fields.
* Network still does not reconnect after a suspend. Although an old issue, I note it here as a couple of times it did something different but failed and crashed the browser, so I assume some work has been attempted?

Generally (re. Browser), I am sorry to say, but haven't seen any improvements - but as I said, I have only used it for the day.

After installation, the following settings are still 'reset':
MAC address.
Time zone and thus time.
'Entry page' bookmarks.
(MAC irks me the most as I have to go about changing router security; but at least we don't have so frequent updates anymore)

Cheers!
CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:14 AM   #1393
Defenderland
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaytsev View Post
Second, why are you extracting it in the first place? Have you read the instructions on how to update the device? You have to put it on the SD card as is.

Good idea!
Thanks!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:23 AM   #1394
Dolansky
Groupie

by the way i re-installed Cloud Manager, Kirith offered it is much easier to transmit files (pdf e.g.) from pc to the Onyx Reader like i62 or M92 (in my case to build up a PDF-Science Book Collection and download it only if i want to work with it). And the books remain in the Cloud, if you got storage consuming big scientific PDF for academic reading e.g. the Cloud is useful in my case as well to upload PDF-Merged export's to upload it into the Cloud from M92. The software is optimized for the readert-linux-system. Download,Upload and Cloud Change works much, much easier than the intricate way with the browser.
It support's Goodle Drive, Drop Box, and Stolino. In the PC you got an automatic Cloud synchronized folder, just put the books in there, you can download it easy with the cloud-manager in M92 e.g.
It works smoothly with my Booxtor brought M92.

EDIT:
The Mega beta didn't not work for all the usual way. After three useless attemps thru firefox i get finally a corrupted zip-file, until i tried another special-downloader application i received a valid zip.file.

One can proof it, if you are able to open and look inside the zip-file, then the zip-file is able to update the device.

Last edited by Dolansky; 04-30-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #1395
Moinchen
Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
I have a problem with a dhcp server at home, which makes it necessary for the device to have a static IP address. Is this possible in the new firmware? (I never saw anything about this problem in the forums, so I guess it is not... - there was a thread, but no solution here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206246) As long as I cannot give the m92 a static IP address, I cannot use the web browser or anything cloud related... Should I add this to the wishlist?

Last edited by Moinchen; 04-30-2013 at 09:32 AM. Reason: found mention of static IP
Moinchen is offline   Reply With Quote