Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
Does UNROOTING fix the crashing touch screen issue?

The problem with the crashing touch screen has been addressed on several levels of this forum and I got the impression it is very prevalent on early-delivered european units originating from sony's respective online shops.

Under "Settings/Device Information/Version" mine says:

1.0.00.09010 which is the same as lots of people's

So the big question is: can you use porkupan's "restore-set" to wipe away some software glitch wich might be causing the problem?

There is a folder called "OS Firmware" in porkupan's "sdcard-rescue.zip". Maybe that's the way to go.
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:25 AM   #2
JayB
Enthusiast
JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950 PRS-300
My unit has never been rooted and was bought at retail in the U.S.. It still has the problems with the touchscreen.
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibahbuzemann View Post
So the big question is: can you use porkupan's "restore-set" to wipe away some software glitch wich might be causing the problem?
I highly doubt unrooting the device will do anything but return the device to its original state. Rooting it though and using different reading software very possibly bypasses the page flip error because other reading software uses different touches/routines to turn pages.

I'd be interested to hear from folks who have rooted their device and now use different reading apps if they experience similar freeze issues with their alternate reading app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
My unit has never been rooted and was bought at retail in the U.S.. It still has the problems with the touchscreen.
You realize this has nothing to do with the OPs question.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
abadboy
abadboy doesn't litterabadboy doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Rooted my T1 and am using FBReader.
Using their settings to my specs, it couldn't be better.
The only problem is that you have to learn how to get to your books.
No problem with my T1 freezing or flipping pages these last 2 months.
abadboy is offline   Reply With Quote