Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
Vane
Vane began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Need Help installing video player to my IQ

Greetings everybody. I am new on the forum and actually this is my first post. I bought a Pock.IQ recently and even though I am happy with most of it I am having serious problems trying to install apps to watch youtube videos, or any video (mp4-avi ) at all. I 'been trying to get skyfire and mvideoplayer but I, don't know how to do it( went to mediafire, appbrain,androidmarket)unsucessfully. When I get to download theres a message :"no android phone associate with your account). I am tired of doing research,going one place and another withouth having any luck ,I need Pocketbook is not known in P.R.,so there are no many people I can go to.I bough it cause I like it, the programs it said it can supported,2yrs guaranty and replaceable battery. But it's giving me a . I confess,I am New to android, But I am stubborn , I want to win this battle. But I need some guidance , so could you please suggest me a site were I can find more info about how to install this apps? Or any suggestion that you think can help me out, It's gonna be GREATFULLY APPRECIATED! I don't want to return it back, I still have 2 more weeks before that can be done.
Regards, Vane
Vane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:17 AM   #2
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hi and congrats to your IQ,

If you are able and willing to toy around with it a little, you'll have a greadt device in the end, but it needs a little work before.
There are some minor flaws in the original FW which make the device a little clumsy, but followind my advice in this post will greatly increase it's performance.

First you need an empty SD card, and you should save averything important you have saved to your device
1. reflash the newest Firmware 2.0.6 to go back to state of delivery
2. delete tha FW zip file and copy the a2sd.zip to the root of your SD and reflash again. This will give you plenty more storage space to add apps, because PB gives you space for only ten to twelve apps.
3. Install the non_ugly_market... following the instructions in the corrosponding post. This will fake an Android 2.1 and will allow you to access the market and install most apps. Not all will run because they really need 2.1, but it's a start, and it will allow you to install the YouTube app and Skyfire

Launcher Pro will give you a normal Android User Interface, not this strange PB Startup, and a new boot loge will delete the ugly Bookland Tree.

Have fun with it
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert