Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #16
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
For the record, ePUB 3 is still not agreed upon.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:51 PM   #17
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
It was just approved last month:
Quote:
EPUB 3.0 is the current revision of the EPUB standard. EPUB 3 was developed pursuant to a charter approved by the IDPF Membership in May, 2010. and was approved by the IDPF membership as a final Recommended Specification effective October 11, 2011.
And one company announced a reader already
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2011, 05:21 AM   #18
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I stand corrected. I hope the biggest players will ignore the javascript and audio/video stupidity and first fix the problems with regards to READING, but I am afraid they dont.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #19
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by whbenson View Post
Just for the record, one other webkit based reader with Javascript is the Kobo app for iOS.
Another ePub 3 reader is the AZARDI 6.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #20
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I stand corrected. I hope the biggest players will ignore the javascript and audio/video stupidity and first fix the problems with regards to READING, but I am afraid they dont.
the question is how to get the fact that e-reading devices are (still?) bought by people who want to read in some heads.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2023, 07:34 AM   #21
serrafa
serrafa began at the beginning.

Device: neurofisiologia en version epub3
Hello, my idea is to make an interactive neurophysiology book and I want to use Sigil in the epub3 version. But the javascript code I am using is not working for me. I have tried it on the same page and I have tried it on an embedded script sheet and nothing. I don't know if anyone has an idea that would allow me to work with Sigil and javascript.
serrafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 09:55 AM   #22
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
See my answer to your question in the Sigil forum you posted in Spanish.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 09:43 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by serrafa View Post
Hello, my idea is to make an interactive neurophysiology book and I want to use Sigil in the epub3 version. But the javascript code I am using is not working for me. I have tried it on the same page and I have tried it on an embedded script sheet and nothing. I don't know if anyone has an idea that would allow me to work with Sigil and javascript.
Just remember that when you eBook if your eBook is for sale, to put in the description that it is only ePub 3 and needs Javascript. It would be really bad for people to buy it and find out it doesn't work because they didn't know the requirements up front.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote