Notices

Old 03-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur
Juggle4Evr doesn't litterJuggle4Evr doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Cybook Opus
DIY protection cover

Hi,

I just want to show you the protection cover I made for my PRS-505. It's made of plastic sheets (same stuff PCBs are made of) and 1 inch spacers screwed together. It' really sturdy and my 505 with the m-edge executive cover fits into it perfectly. So I can put the thing into my bag (i.e. together with my climbing equipment) without having to fear for the display. The reader slides easily in and out for reading.
Bye,
Juergen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DDD_9445_01.JPG
Views:	717
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	26679  
Juggle4Evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
That is a great design. You could sell these so easily. I can see quite a few people who would be interested in those. My wife has been looking for something like that for her Reader for quite a while and I could use one myself.
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur
Juggle4Evr doesn't litterJuggle4Evr doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Cybook Opus
Well, it's just handmade and I have not the machines to do this in a professional way. It suits for me but to sell it it should be more exact and smooth. I.e. I've cut the sheets using a manual jigsaw so the cutting lines are not 100% straight.
But if anyone has the proper machines he could do it of course.
It would also be possible to have the sheets made of aluminium but I chose plastic for easier cutting.
Juggle4Evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #4
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Very clever design!
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:19 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I like that, seems to me it would be very protective.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert