Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
Joywalker
Enthusiast
Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
DVD Case =Touch Case

Hi All,

Received my Touch this afternoon!

Since I haven't managed to get hold a proper cover for my new Touch, I decided to make one out of a DVD case.(Someone posted this idea on one of the forum.)
Here are the pics:

I used the stickers to cover the plastic points that I removed from the case.

It fits pretty well.

Then I used a nice gift wrapper to insert into the outer cover.
Joywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
dreamers
dreamers began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Touch, iPad, iPhone
that's an idea that i might play with. i have yet to get a cover for my reader and am planning to make one tomorrow. fingers crossed it would be passable.
dreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
You know nothing wrong with inovation... I like the look..
I was thinking of adding a clear screen to my Kobo Cover that I got from Chapters cause I think it would look good and show off the cover of the book I was reading.
Nice idea Joy

My thoughts..

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
Joywalker
Enthusiast
Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
You know nothing wrong with inovation... I like the look..
I was thinking of adding a clear screen to my Kobo Cover that I got from Chapters cause I think it would look good and show off the cover of the book I was reading.
Nice idea Joy
Thanks Jack!
But I still need a proper sleeve to safeguard my Touch.This is just a temp solution. Chapters/Indigo do not shipped to Singapore so I'm waiting for US Borders.com to start selling covers/sleeves for the Kobo Touch before I could order one.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
I don't know where you get your DVDs, but ours are round, and fit into an almost-square case, which does not resemble the one you picture.

What normally goes into your "DVD" case?
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2011, 12:21 AM   #6
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joywalker View Post
Thanks Jack!
But I still need a proper sleeve to safeguard my Touch.This is just a temp solution. Chapters/Indigo do not shipped to Singapore so I'm waiting for US Borders.com to start selling covers/sleeves for the Kobo Touch before I could order one.
hmm what about ebay?

i have not looked but it seems to have everything good or bad !!

any way

good luck
Old 06-28-2011, 12:23 AM   #7
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
I had a dermapad case from my KO and KW the KT is a bit shorter but a couple of pieces of stickable velcro and it is held snugly in the dermapad case (from amazon) works really well at least until there are KT specific cases readily available.
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:26 AM   #8
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrus View Post
I had a dermapad case from my KO and KW the KT is a bit shorter but a couple of pieces of stickable velcro and it is held snugly in the dermapad case (from amazon) works really well at least until there are KT specific cases readily available.
confused.. but whats a dermacase?

thanks

jack
Old 06-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #9
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
Dermapad makes a folio case for the KO and KW it is leather and around 20.00 on amazon. If you put a bit of 3m Velcro on the back of the KT it is held securely in the case. Otherwise it would fall out because it is too short for the elastics to hold it in.
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #10
Joywalker
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
I don't know where you get your DVDs, but ours are round, and fit into an almost-square case, which does not resemble the one you picture.

What normally goes into your "DVD" case?
Most of our DVD are placed in rectangular shaped plastic cases. The one I bought is from Daiso, $2 store that sell cheap items. It's an empty case and I simply removed the parts that holds the DVD.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #11
Joywalker
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
hmm what about ebay?

i have not looked but it seems to have everything good or bad !!

any way

good luck
I did checked the ebay. One seller has the leather sleeves for Kobo Touch but only shipped to Canada & US. I found some clothed ones in Etsy.com but still preferred a leather one.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:53 AM   #12
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
This will change over time. I bought my WiFi case on ebay some months ago. It shipped from Hong Kong and was available world-wide.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #13
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Does anyone have the Roots Kobo Touch sleeve? Sooty and I saw them in Chapters and they did seem to be a much tighter fit, than the original Kobo Roots sleeve was on either the Kobo OR the Kobo WiFi; almost TOO tight.

(And no... I did NOT try the Touch in the original Kobo Roots sleeve :P )
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #14
Joywalker
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
This will change over time. I bought my WiFi case on ebay some months ago. It shipped from Hong Kong and was available world-wide.
Hope so. Moleskine cover looks so good! Anyone own one for previous Kobo ereader? I was wondering if it's heavy. I really like holding it 'naked' but if they do come up one for Kobo Touch, I'll be tempted to get that.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #15
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Does anyone have the Roots Kobo Touch sleeve? Sooty and I saw them in Chapters and they did seem to be a much tighter fit, than the original Kobo Roots sleeve was on either the Kobo OR the Kobo WiFi; almost TOO tight.

(And no... I did NOT try the Touch in the original Kobo Roots sleeve :P )
yessssssss the new roots case was ridiculously tight. mine is fine now after some initial stretching and leaving it in the case, it's still a bit tight but a lot easier to get in and out from day one. the older roots case for the wifi fit much better and formed better to the kobo, but i have no problems now with the new sleeve. i'd much rather have the sleeve than the case though as i like to read a naked kobo.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote