Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
jrmcconnery
jrmcconnery began at the beginning.

Device: iOS
iTunes Producer Error - calibre_bookmarkd.txt - Help please!

Hey everyone, I'm just looking for a little bit of advice on an epub issue.

I'm trying to deliver a book to the iBookstore with iTunes Producer. I've gotten an error that says a file called calibre_bookmarks.txt is not a part of the manifest. I used sigil to input some HTML code into the manifest part of the opf file, but it still didn't work.

I think the easiest thing, obviously, would be just to remove the file from my epub package (as it is unnecessary to what I'm trying to deliver), but I can't seem to find its location. Is there an easy way to remove that particular .txt file?

If not, I would appreciate some sort of HTML fix that I can apply through Sigil.

Here is the error text, if this is of any help:

"ERROR ITMS-9000: "Book_Title_-_J._R._McConnery.epub: The book asset contains file(s) not listed in the OPF manifest: Book_Title_-_J._R._McConnery.epub:/META-INF/calibre_bookmarks.txt."

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!
jrmcconnery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Step 1: Don't open the book in Calibre's eBook viewer.

Step 2: Use the Tweak Book Calibre plugin. Explode the book, then go into the META-INF directory and drop the calibre_bookmarks.txt file and then rebuild the book.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post

Step 2: Use the Tweak Book Calibre plugin. Explode the book, then go into the META-INF directory and drop the calibre_bookmarks.txt file and then rebuild the book.
In Calibre's viewer, you can turn off page tracking and thus, it won't add any files to your ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
jrmcconnery
jrmcconnery began at the beginning.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post

When I look in the META-INF folder, the only file is a single XML called 'container'. Has Calibre created a ghost in the machine?
jrmcconnery is offline   Reply With Quote