Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
perldude69
Fun-ologist
perldude69 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge, Galaxy S
Lightbulb PE Battery

Eventually we will need a good replacement source for batteries for the PE. I took my PE apart and measured the battery. If someone can locate a replacement I am sure we will be sending them a lot of business soon.

Dimensions:
13.6 cm x 10.2 cm x 2 mm

I count 9 leads running to the battery.
7.4 VDC
2000mAh
It is manufactured by Lishen in China and assembled by a company named Getac.

Please post if you have further information, or have found a replacement source.

-- Jim
perldude69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #2
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
a 4000 mAh will do me fine. Need minimum 8 hrs on wifi!!
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #3
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

do you have a picture of the battery?
http://www.cheap-laptop-batteries.co...t91-tablet.htm
I bet is not a new product but and existing one
Old 11-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/k...Pocket%20eDGe/
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
vicinc
Guru

any pics with the connectors?
Old 11-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #6
perldude69
Fun-ologist
perldude69 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge, Galaxy S
Here are my pics:

-- Jim
perldude69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:11 PM   #7
vicinc
Guru

it looks a lot like the eepc battery, I am checking the nook color battery shortly
Old 11-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #8
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Is this particular type of battery one that can be harmed by overcharging? By that I mean plugging it in and then accidentally forgetting about it for hours and hours or even a day?

Haven't done it yet, but....lol.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #9
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
Dian I've left mine plugged in for several months straight with no ill effects...
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #10
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! I've been particularly impressed with the battery life of this little gadget and didn't want to do anything to mess it up.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #11
vicinc
Guru

i think is always a good idea to almost fully discharge a battery before recharging it?
Old 11-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #12
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
i think is always a good idea to almost fully discharge a battery before recharging it?
With older battery technology (Ni-Cd and NimH) that was true but with Li-Ion it's a completely different situation. With these it's actually better to recharge it after every use and to maintain a small "tickle charge" while not being used.
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #13
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Thanks for the questions, Dian and vic, and the answers, MasterTec! I've been wondering about that for months! Now I will feel better about charging when I don't "have" to.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #14
DianNC
Banned

Filark - I don't think I've let my PE go much below 50%. It charges so fast and the battery drain is minimal if I'm just reading or it's in hibernation state. I know next to nothing about batteries -- just that the ones in my old laptop and old dumb-phone are both shot lol -- not sure if it's old age or something I did.

Since we can't easily change out the one in the PE, I want to try to preserve it as long as possible so any and all tips are welcome.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #15
stevesr0
Connoisseur
stevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
When I use my PE, I am not impressed by it's battery life, but actually depressed. For me, it seems to require recharging after ~3 hr. I say seems to because I haven't timed it.

Mostly, my reaction is based on observing that my wife's iPad goes on all day (including periods of hibernation) and will often continue to have an adequate charge for two or three days without recharging. I haven't monitored this in detail, but it does seem a gross difference.

So, I have several questions:

1. What are others estimate of typical battery life (without careful tweaking of the functional state of the PE)?

2. What are useful tweaks that will extend the battery life significantly without interfering grossly with the functionality of the PE (for example, shutting off one of the displays or disabling wifi function)?

3. What are useful tweaks for people who don't want particular functionalities that are on by default (for example, wifi)?

4. Does the removal/renaming of the telephony.apk materially increase battery life? If so, is there a drawback (such as loss of Android market access, gapps functionality, or ability to use telephony services like netatalk)?

5. What is the maximum battery life that anyone has reported with the PE and how did they achieve this?

I know that there are posts about this in a number of threads. I thought it might be useful to try to centralize the info in this thread, as it would likely turn up in any search on the battery. I would be happy to receive references to existing other threads as well as people's experiences.

Thanks and happy new year.

Steve

Last edited by stevesr0; 12-30-2011 at 02:11 PM.
stevesr0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, edge, entourage, pe pe, pocket edge