Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
Rooting a 1.1 ...

Anyone actual root an unrooted NC with Auto-nooter 3.0 or auto-nooter-2.12.25...yet..??
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
jedifarfy
Zealot
jedifarfy doesn't litterjedifarfy doesn't litter

Device: rooted nook color, nook wifi 1st edition
I did, last night. The nook had been reset and sold to me at a good price. I used Autonooter 2.12.25.
jedifarfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
rogerperk
Connoisseur
rogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enough

Device: NC Rooted
Me too. Went smoothly once I remembered how to do it. Techie instructions aren't always clear to the challenged. So far, to be honest, not all that different from what I had before that I can notice. Had some difficulty getting my books back together but it got done.
rogerperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerperk View Post
Me too. Went smoothly once I remembered how to do it. Techie instructions aren't always clear to the challenged. So far, to be honest, not all that different from what I had before that I can notice. Had some difficulty getting my books back together but it got done.
I was waiting for you to check-in. Glad all is well.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerperk View Post
Here is a video with step by step instructions for the 2.12.25.img http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUoHALWvPts..

Im still on the fence, dont know which way to jump !!! I already put the image on the SD but am reluctant to put in the Nook !!! It kinda is fine the way it is....
Old 02-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
jedifarfy
Zealot
jedifarfy doesn't litterjedifarfy doesn't litter

Device: rooted nook color, nook wifi 1st edition
As someone who's never rooted a thing in her life, it's awesomesauce. I'm ridiculously in love with this thing. I followed the nook devs instructions but used the new root.
jedifarfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #7
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Punishment View Post
Here is a video with step by step instructions for the 2.12.25.img http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUoHALWvPts..

Im still on the fence, dont know which way to jump !!! I already put the image on the SD but am reluctant to put in the Nook !!! It kinda is fine the way it is....

I have looked at SO MANY youtubes for rooting the nook, but that is the best one I have seen, the guy presented it so well! Karma gracias for the link.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
Cpl Punishment
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
I have looked at SO MANY youtubes for rooting the nook, but that is the best one I have seen, the guy presented it so well! Karma gracias for the link.
No sweat...Thats the one I used as well...The Mac version...So far soo good...
Old 02-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #9
orb9220
orb9220 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Yep used the link and rooted mine last night. Funny thing is it didn't stay off.
After a minute it came back on all by itself. So grabbed it and powered down to remove the SD card. And booted up fine.

But totally confused now trying to figure out like soft-keys for? My understanding they are for missing key functions on the nook? And trying to figure out now how to have widgets or icons for apps on the screen without the need to go to extras? And was frustrated with no icon for apps downloaded and trying to figure out why until I rebooted.

Are there any guides or overviews of the android OS for the nook? At least guide me to an understanding. I am just getting bits & pieces of ADB this and root that and AW launcher this and ???. Quite confusing on where to start after the root.

Guess I keep trudging on! Step by Step.
orb9220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #10
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by orb9220 View Post
Yep used the link and rooted mine last night. Funny thing is it didn't stay off.
After a minute it came back on all by itself. So grabbed it and powered down to remove the SD card. And booted up fine.

But totally confused now trying to figure out like soft-keys for? My understanding they are for missing key functions on the nook? And trying to figure out now how to have widgets or icons for apps on the screen without the need to go to extras? And was frustrated with no icon for apps downloaded and trying to figure out why until I rebooted.

Are there any guides or overviews of the android OS for the nook? At least guide me to an understanding. I am just getting bits & pieces of ADB this and root that and AW launcher this and ???. Quite confusing on where to start after the root.

Guess I keep trudging on! Step by Step.
Just a caution if you used autonooter on a 1.1 NC - I and a few others have had problems with Clockwork Recovery. I think you will be fine as long as you don't try and install and boot into Clockwork Recovery.
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #11
orb9220

Thanks for the heads up. Yep installed bunch of recommended apps.
Still deciding on which launcher and any comparisons threads around? And slowly con-jelling all the different info.

1) Market no longer has Angry Birds? They have Angry Birds Seasons. But can't get orig?
2) Button Savior keeps coming up with enable debugging everytime I run it. I have enabled it it then backs out rerun and get debugg again. If I hit cancel then can get to settings and it is running on the screen. And working.
3) Advanced Task Killer Yes or No? As some say since 2.1 it is not needed and can cause problems?

And wanting to have a calendar,battery percentage,quick on/off wifi & strength with books on home screen. And a launcher bar for custom apps launch.

Any help is appreciated and this forum rocks! for help & info. And am sure I may be bugging you all a bit. Until I become knowledgeable enough to help.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #12
Cpl Punishment
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by orb9220 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Yep installed bunch of recommended apps.
Still deciding on which launcher and any comparisons threads around? And slowly con-jelling all the different info.

1) Market no longer has Angry Birds? They have Angry Birds Seasons. But can't get orig?
2) Button Savior keeps coming up with enable debugging everytime I run it. I have enabled it it then backs out rerun and get debugg again. If I hit cancel then can get to settings and it is running on the screen. And working.
3) Advanced Task Killer Yes or No? As some say since 2.1 it is not needed and can cause problems?

And wanting to have a calendar,battery percentage,quick on/off wifi & strength with books on home screen. And a launcher bar for custom apps launch.

Any help is appreciated and this forum rocks! for help & info. And am sure I may be bugging you all a bit. Until I become knowledgeable enough to help.
Scion and Zartemis are the resident pros...Look for their past posts and print em out...What ya dont (me too !!) understand now will come clear later and you can refer to the printed out posts....Not sure if Im making sense, long day !!!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #13
orb9220

Thanks charging now and it's All U's guys & gals fault!
I use to get by with a charge 2-3 days.

Now being rooted downloading apps and am loving Dolphin HD makes for a great web surfing experience! Now my Nook dropped from 76% this morning to 52% by 2pm. and just plugged it in to fast charge! before trying out Aidiko,Moon and FB readers!

Now you all will have me charging everyday! and me still wanting more time!
You all are a Bunch of Enablers! :-)
Old 02-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #14
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Punishment View Post
What ya dont (me too !!) understand now will come clear later and you can refer to the printed out posts....Not sure if Im making sense, long day !!!
That makes perfect sense. I am not understanding a lot of stuff now, or why I might need a particular app, but I am sure that somewhere down the track I am going to have a moment and go, yeah, that's what they were talkin' about.

Am still waiting on my nook, it seems to be somewhere transiting in Hong Kong...
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #15
orb9220

Yep it keeps coming in spurts.. And I usually get a handle on all the apps,procedures and ways of doing things pretty quickly. Same thing slow to start when I rockboxed my sansa mp3 player. But a day or three of constant forum reading usually gets me up to a level of comfortably understanding.