Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-07-2014, 12:04 AM   #1
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Emails for subscribed threads down

I haven't received any email notifications for new postings in some of my subscribed threads for maybe 4 or more hours now. Nor did I receive an email notification of a PM. (I'm in Australia)

Thanks for any assistance.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:59 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I suspect you'll need to wait for Alex to wake up. Reports from others (of failed or working email notifications) would be welcome.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:01 AM   #3
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm still not getting email notifications, and I've received non MR emails to that account.

So it's curious ....
Old 12-07-2014, 04:15 AM   #4
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Okay, just received a Mystery, Suspense etc Deals Forum email, time at the email end, 1:01pm today (it's now 20:14 in Sydney).

Curious though because the PM was received at 11:19 and I still haven't received notification of that.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:23 AM   #5
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Well, there you go .... I just got 5 emails. Times sent were: 11:48, 11:50, 4:28, 4:59, 5.55.

Still no PM notification.

Edit
Do I presume someone at the MR end is tweaking something and that's why the emails are arriving?
Old 12-07-2014, 04:37 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
No idea, sorry. Check the full headers and see whether the emails were held up somewhere between the MobileRead servers and you. If that's the case, there's not a lot Alex can do.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:42 AM   #7
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Paul how do I check the full headers?

Edit
sending PM

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 12-07-2014 at 04:45 AM.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:28 PM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Well, there you go .... I just got 5 emails. Times sent were: 11:48, 11:50, 4:28, 4:59, 5.55.

Still no PM notification.

Edit
Do I presume someone at the MR end is tweaking something and that's why the emails are arriving?
I didn't see this feedback thread, sorry for the late response. Here is what happened... our server processing outgoing e-mails stalled during a regular raid disk check (from sometime around 1am to 8am GMT+1). It didn't cause any error logs which is why why we didn't get notified; it appears some kind of kernel bug was the cause - a reboot solved the issue and all outstanding emails in the queue were sent afterwards.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote