Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-07-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
MobileRead NOVA Meetup on Saturday, 27 June

EDIT: If you are just now reading this, the date and location has been set:

Saturday, 27 June
6:00 pm
Mango Mike's (Google Maps)
4580 Duke St
Alexandria, VA

I know there was one in the works, has anyone started a discussion about this?

If not, we are now (*evillaugh*). I'm from PA, but I grew up in VA so I'm pretty familiar with NOVA and wouldn't mind jumping down there. First place that comes to my mind is Reston Towne Center, but heck, it's Virginia and there's a million and one places to go.

Who'd be interested? If you aren't, please give your address so we can beat you with DesertGrandma's stick

Last edited by Nate the great; 06-10-2009 at 01:44 PM.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Discussion was started here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44694 but very few responses.

Come on Virginia, DC, MD...Sign up!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Discussion was started here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44694 but very few responses.

Come on Virginia, DC, MD...Sign up!
I knew there was one around...
Old 05-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post

Who'd be interested? If you aren't, please give your address so we can beat you with DesertGrandma's stick
HEY! My stick is not to be used all willy nilly.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
HEY! My stick is not to be used all willy nilly.
You wouldn't donate it for such a great cause?
Advert
Old 05-08-2009, 01:04 AM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Just got here, working too much; but hey, it is work.

Lilac, the last meet-up was in Herndon -- about 2 miles east from Reston Town Center. I had a great time and the food was good. (OK, I admit it, I do know the owners of the restaurant.)

We were thinking of perhaps Arlington this time as there is more public transportation there as well as a lot of good bars and restaurants.

Dates and times are open for me, there is a short out of town trip planned sometime that I will try to nail down tomorrow. Count me in.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:17 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I'm out of town first two weeks of June but otherwise available.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:30 PM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
We will be in Young Harris, GA, the first week of June. Mapquest says it is 577 miles from where we will be to Arlington. I wonder if I could talk Tim into taking a thousand mile detour just for a single dinner? We will be in The Love Shack, so we wouldn't need a hotel. At 6 mpg, it would be a very expensive detour. And we have to be at back at work on June 8th. Thinking, thinking...

The Love Shack is big enough to host a meetup in.

I just don't see how we can work it in. I will be taking a gemstone faceting class all week and Tim will be learning silversmithing. It's 8 hour days in the workshops all week long.

EDIT: And wouldn't want to miss meeting CassidyM.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #9
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
ha irony of ironies!!! year before last I was out there for a 3 month project. is that street right next to Reston towne center reston way? I stayed in the "extended stay" hotel about 2 miles east of there. it was right behind a big furniture store on one side, and the cross street had some buffet restaurant, "golden..." something or other, can't remember, never ate there.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:38 PM   #10
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
ha irony of ironies!!! year before last I was out there for a 3 month project. is that street right next to Reston towne center reston way? I stayed in the "extended stay" hotel about 2 miles east of there. it was right behind a big furniture store on one side, and the cross street had some buffet restaurant, "golden..." something or other, can't remember, never ate there.
If it is the place I think it is, you are far better for not having eaten there.

Dixie: While not as good as being there, we can establish a telephone connection with you that night and perhaps pass photos back and forth -- a virtual meet-up for you.

I could not pin down the dates for my trip today but I will try to make it the same period that M Cassidy is away.

The last meet-up was great, I just wish I had had the time to talk to everyone longer. It felt more like a class reunion of friends than a first meeting of strangers. Everyone was great (even Nate the Great.) (Yes, I know that a pun is the lowest form of humor.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
Golden Corral?

I stayed last year at the Reston Towne Center, at the Marriot or whatever hotel it is there. It was supposed to be nice, but the damn elevators were awful. Not good with a 15 story building and you're at the top.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
If it is the place I think it is, you are far better for not having eaten there.

Dixie: While not as good as being there, we can establish a telephone connection with you that night and perhaps pass photos back and forth -- a virtual meet-up for you.

I could not pin down the dates for my trip today but I will try to make it the same period that M Cassidy is away.

The last meet-up was great, I just wish I had had the time to talk to everyone longer. It felt more like a class reunion of friends than a first meeting of strangers. Everyone was great (even Nate the Great.) (Yes, I know that a pun is the lowest form of humor.)
I'm thinking broadly over the summer, so just post when you're not available (that goes to all of you).
Old 05-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
every time i see this thread i imagine a meetup on an exploding star.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:00 PM   #14
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
every time i see this thread i imagine a meetup on an exploding star.

I should have typed NoVa :d
Old 05-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
where exactly is NoVa ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote